Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

craftsman
on 2014-10-03
15:17:05
 Nice eBay find of 2 Plus4 Joysticks

Few days ago I saw two joysticks listed for a 64. They looked like 1341's but were not listed that way. The pic's looked like they had mini-din so I took the risk.

Both arrived in great shape and appeared to have never been used. One work flawlessly but the other only the fire button worked. I took it apart and metered all the connections. All were good so I was scratching my head until I noticed that the small rubber bumper at the base of the stick was not installed correctly. It has notches for the stick and the base and they were off. Got it aligned right and put back together and everything is working correctly. It really looked like it came from the factory like that.

I know the 1341's have a bit of a bad wrap but I've always like how they fit in my hands.

Posted By

commodore69
on 2014-10-03
16:06:26
 Re: Nice eBay find of 2 Plus4 Joysticks

WELL DONE as original plus 4 joysticks are now rare or they are bust look after them don't use em on JOYSTICK BUSTER GAMES as that will wreak em and its best to get a cheap Joystick for some games that could wreak these!!

Posted By

George
on 2014-10-04
15:42:12

great buy , craftsman.

I also like the commodore Joystick. Great design by Ira Valinksy. But lets face reality, they don't last very long. I have 4 of them.

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-10-04
15:54:37

Yeah the bottom pin snaps off inside and then the stick rests on the rubber instead so after a period of time they do go bad. Also the screw in the handle can wear or snap. Shame, lovely sticks.

I have two, both have snapped pins and while they do work perfectly I don't use them... It's like I'm saving them for a special occasion that never comes. I don't want to lose them is the problem so anything to save wear and tear.

I'm mad.

Posted By

Patrick
on 2014-10-05
06:42:24

did they come in the Original box?? i saw one on a local for-sale site, what is a good price to pay for a joystick?

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-10-05
18:31:37

15 UK pounds has been the going price for many years now. Between you and me that price is daylight robbery considering almost all of them, (if used) will have a snapped pin and/or play in the handle because of the build quality...

They can be patched up though if they are not to far gone. A bit of tape to make the core of the handle tighter and stronger. That snapped pin removed and then grease the rubber neck the stick now rests on to save wear and tear. Good as new, almost. wink

The rubber feet can also disintegrate or go all mushy/sticky due to age. They are not needed unless your playing with the stick on a table... Place the stick on a rubber mouse mat for table play if they are not present. happy

Posted By

craftsman
on 2014-10-06
13:41:59

They appeared to be new. No evidence of wear. Not even on the bottom rubber. No boxes though.

34 USD shipped seemed like a pretty good price from what I have seen.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024