Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-09-26
13:10:38
 Re: Game Development

Hey Rick2000,

As far as I know, there's no such thing. The C16/Plus4 (and our scene) is way too small to have formalized documenatation like that. Not to mention that for a "true" guide on how to develop games would have to start from the beginning (teaching basic computer science, hexadecimal numbers, foundations of writing code, etc.). You might not need all that though: maybe you only want to program in BASIC? Or maybe you're an experienced developer on C=64 for example; then all you'd need to know are the differences in memory locations and programming the registers, etc. So, perhaps you could provide more detail in exactly what you're after?

Otherwise, some general places you can look:

1) all my releases include the source code, this means several smaller games (including a Tetris implementation and an action game called Quadrillion). On those pages, look for source code, they should be fairly well commented. (My demos have the sources released as well.)

2) the Knowledge Base (Plus/4 Encyclopedia) has some stuff, but it's not in very good shape. We (collectively) have little time to edit and make it better.

3) Ultimate Map by SVS is excellent documentation on a lot of things related to programming the C16/Plus4.

4) finally, some of the old programming books in the publications have been scanned, that might also be a good place to start.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024