Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-11-21
 Yape screen-shots

Hello (Helloooooo Attilaaaa!) ~happy
When you hit [F6] from Yape, you generate a screen-shot, OK?
Well the name is automaticaly generated as YAPEXXXX.bmp. The field XXXX is a numeric datum, incremented by the emulator (YAPE0001, YAPE0002, etc.).
My question is: when I exit from Yape after having generated a number of screen-shots, how can I tomorrow to generate other screen-shots without to overwrite my first ones, that is *continuing* with a number in the filename *following* the last one (of the previous session)?
Thank you very much.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-11-21
 Numbering files sequentially

I normally change the filename somehow (convert to JPG usually), but it can be as simple as a bulk RENAME command from the DOS prompt.

C:YAPE> RENAME YAPE*.BMP PICS*.BMP would rename the files so that the first four letters would be PICS, and the numbering would remain intact.

Somewhere I have a utility that renames files sequentially, and it works on picture files. I used it when I ran a BBS almost 10 years ago. If you wish to search the Internet for BBS Utilities, it would be a program that compares filenames between two directories and renames if there is a conflict, then moves the (newer, renamed) files to the (original, older) directory.

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-11-22
 Thank you James,

but IMHO it could be easier if Attila would kindly give us the parameter of the first number of Screen-shots, I'm sure it's existing somewhere.

Posted By

Noro
on 2002-11-22
 YAPE continues the numbers ...

... AFAIK, YAPE always generates at F6 the next number of the highest existent number, regardless of the fact that you re-started it, so none of the screenshots will be overwritten.
If you leave YAPE running, make some screenshots, move them to another folder, it will start with 0 again.
I use this feature often to make maps

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-11-22
 Screenshots

Well, guys thanks for your posts. However, Yape should in theory be able to check all screenshot files in the actual folder and use the highest available serial number, so it won't overwrite old screenshots if they're present.

If that's not the case, then it's a bug happy

To James C: I corrected that bug with the emulator ID a while ago, and will publish the fix in the next release!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024