Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-11-19
 A little game for you

I've just added a little surprise to the site (regarding a Plus/4 game)... If you are curious, go have a look under J in the games section. I wonder who (if anyone) will be the first one to find it. wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2002-11-20
 Uh?

I searched alot, but didn't find any surprise as well...maybe the Jerry's Quest screenshots?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-11-20
 Yeah, what Luca said! :)

I didn't see any surprises either..... I checked the source code, clicked on every title to see if there were new covers or maps or hints..... the only thing I can think of is that some 'lost' titles may have been added. But since I'm not a gamer I wouldn't notice if a title was just added or if it had been there a year.

However according to the database numbers there isn't anything new as far as software titles on that page. (The next title added should be 12501 in the database.)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-11-20
 Good job, Luca

It is Jerry's Quest! (James, if you clicked on this title, you should have seen 3 big screenshots added... No?) This is one of those games that I kept mentioning as a great Plus/4 only game (e.g. not one of the C=16 classics). Written by TCFS in 1993, it's pretty much the only good super-mario-style game for this platform. It did not have any screenshots, until now. Have any of you tried to run the game with any emulator? If you do, you will come to the next question: where did those screenshots come from? wink Who wants to know?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-11-20
 Jerry's Quest

I just went back to the page in question -- on this particular computer, the golden bar above each table (where the data is displayed) was just barely at the bottom of the screen, so I missed it yesterday. I didn't notice the scrollbar at the side of the screen.

But as I said I'm not a gamer, so I wouldn't have noticed that these screenshots are 'new'.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-11-21
 Play with YAPE

Well, I could not hold it in any longer, so now it's in the news. My version is downloadable. Of course when (if?) the current emulators become good enough to play the original, this file won't be needed. I'm definitely happy to have this game up and running.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-11-27
 Awesome work Csabo!

And an awesome game, TCFS is the man happy

I've just had to look at it now and I'm hocked just like the old days! happy

In an effort to turn the music off I found a couple of more intresting things.

F1: Moves score board.
F2: Changes score board background colour
F3: Turn music off
F4: Pause (i think)

Wow must get Jerry onto floppy see this GEM in action on my Plussy happy Cheers Csabo for digging this game out, U the man 2!!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024