Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mamejay
on 2014-05-07
08:12:32
 Just got a Plus/4. Cannot get my SD2iec working

Hey guys,
Finally got a plus/4 in the mail today. I was very excited and wanted to get started.
I had a spare SD2IEC card which from what I can see is compatible.
I attached it to the plus/4 but I am still using power from the C64 joystick port as this is what the connector is at the moment.
I fire up the plus/4 and hit F3. It says directory but then just says ready and does not show my files on the SD card.
Is there something else I need to do to get this to work? Really want to check this system out but have no programs for it.
Thanks!

Posted By

Chronos
on 2014-05-07
08:26:17
 Re: Just got a Plus/4. Cannot get my SD2iec working

hi!

check this link:
http://www.c64-wiki.com/index.php/sd2iec_(firmware)

"Why is LOAD"IMAGE.D64",8,1 to mount D64 files not supported?
This was supported in the sd2iec predecessor MMC2IEC firmware. However, this is basically an ugly hack and has some side effects; for example, copying or writing to D64 files using the C64 is not possible then (i.e., creating a D64 file from a 1541 disk using the C64 as described above does not work). This is why this 'feature' was never implemented in sd2iec and will not be considered for inclusion.
"

try this way:

Usage

These are just some examples for drive commands. For a complete reference, read the README. See Drive command for information on how to send drive commands in general.
Changing directories (CMD syntax)
OPEN1,8,15,"CD/SOMEDIR/":CLOSE1 - change to SOMEDIR (relative)
OPEN1,8,15,"CD//":CLOSE1 - change to root directory
OPEN1,8,15,"CD//SOMEDIR/":CLOSE1 - change to SOMEDIR (in root)
OPEN1,8,15,"CD:←":CLOSE1 - go to parent directory
Using M2Is or D64s
OPEN1,8,15,"CD//SOMEDIR/:SOMEGAME.M2I":CLOSE1 - change to/mount SOMEGAME.M2I
OPEN1,8,15,"CD//SOMEDIR/:SOMEGAME.D64":CLOSE1 - change to/mount SOMEGAME.D64
OPEN1,8,15,"CD:←":CLOSE1 - leave M2I/D64
Loading files
LOAD"//SOMEDIR/:SOMEFILE" - load SOMEFILE in SOMEDIR (filename gets separated from path using colon)
Change device address
OPEN1,current address,15,"U0>"+CHR$(new address):CLOSE1 - change sd2iec device number to new address
OPEN1,device address,15,"XW":close1 - this will save settings to eeprom (required if you want to set new device address as default)

Posted By

siz
on 2014-05-07
14:04:15

Is the SD2IEC device number set to 8? Plus/4 BASIC commands use driver number 8 by default but you can override them with the U<drive number> parameter. For example DIRECTORY U10. My SD2IEC uses device number 10 by default.

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-05-08
03:59:55

I don't have one so I'm not 100% sure of the name but.... I believe there is some "file viewing/launcher" software you can load up to then view whats on the SD card and also run what's on the SD card via it.

Or people use this to make things easier?

I'm sure where you bought it there should be info about this software?

Posted By

George
on 2014-05-08
04:04:10

Try other sd-cards from other brands. Some are non compatible with some divices.

Posted By

Imperious
on 2014-05-09
22:08:44

Wow, those methods all seem extremely painful to me.

I have an SD2IEC, use it for my vic-20, c64's, and plus/4. I had to add another wire to a plus/4 cassette connector, but all good afterwards.

What You need is CBM Filebrowser http://www.vic20.it/cbmfilebrowser/

extract that to the root folder of the SD card, make a folder if required for the plus/4, dump the games in that folder. Start the plus/4, type LOAD"FB16",8 then RUN
Browse to the game d64 that You want and hit enter which will open the contents of the d64, then hit the Q key. next enter LOAD"*",8,1 and RUN when ready

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-05-11
00:24:27

Nice one, cbmfilebrowser, that's the one. happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024