Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-11-11
 Big News!

Wow, guys I could not believe my eyes when I saw the mail from not else than Lidovski V.,
author of the very first plus/4 emulator EVER!

Nice thing is that he offers full Turbo ASM source along with an updated (?) version of his plus/4 emulator (still DOS though)!

Go have a look for yourselves!

http://litwr.boom.ru/eng.html

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-11-11
 S-L-O-W download

It took almost two minutes for me to download 279k from this Russian server. If anyone else wants it I can email it to them, as it took several tries for me to even reach the page.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-11-12
 Strange...

Although not exactly quick it did not take too long to me (15-20 kb/s)...

Now could anyone tell me how do I l loada program with this one? I kind forgot it already, I get en error message that I should assign something to the CBM device (i guess, the file, and F8 did NOT work). Anyway I could not work it around (shame on me) and the emu seems to entering an endless loop from then on....

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-11-12
 A second attempt was much faster

and only took 10 seconds to download. Maybe I tried at the wrong time of day?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-11-12
 Plus4 - DOS Emulator Load Instructions

I was able to load programs from F12, selecting different directories on the PC harddrive, and pressing Enter on the filename. Al files loaded this way go into the BASIC workspace, so this will not work on ML files unless they have a SYSxxxxx loader routine attached.

Alt - Commodore key
Tab - Run/Stop
F9 - Debugger
F10 - Exit to DOS
F11 - Reset button
F12 - Emulator's file system
Scroll Lock - Button Play on datasette
Num Lock - Button Record on datasette
SysRq (Alt+PrintScreen) - Immediate exit to DOS (Warning! It can interrupt any operation, e.g. with file)

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-11-12

What OS are u using? I tried it under Win2000 and on entering a drive letter it gives me a system error message that direct access to the disk is not allowed, and if I want to close the program... Well, it would not be that bad in itself but I could not load from the actual directory either...

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-11-12
 I used Win ME

and under WinME I couldn't change harddisks... but could change directories on the same harddisk the program is installed to.

Something in the back of my head tells me that any DOS program will do what you describe on NT/2000/XP ..... as the operating system is catching the calls to the disk controller. You may have to install to another computer that uses DOS or Win9x, or else tweak your Windows settings somehow to allow this program to access the disk controller.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-11-14
 Tools Updated

I've added these things to our page: Plus/4 Emulator. Thanks guys!

Posted By

Litwr
on 2003-03-13
 the 1st plus/4 emulator

Hello,
I'm Lidovski Vladimir who long time ago created C=+4 emulator. I stopped to work with this program in the 1997 but creation of emulator is very interesting and beautiful time spending! Now I want to add some improvements to the emulator (I've already added full scale joysticks emulation in the version 1.14) and maybe port it to Linux and C/C++. This site consists of a lot of useful information but I began to use it only since the end of 2002... I have limited acces to Internet. Is there possibility to get all mail archive since 5.1998? I need some technical details discussed there. Can anybody help? Thanks!

I've read about problems with my emulator. Don't use EMS-emulators like EMM386 without NOEMS option. If in the file menu only drives letters are available press END button. My emulator still doesn't support serial bus and digital sound. I'm ready to answer to any question (email: litwr@yandex.ru).

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024