Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2014-04-29
13:56:32
 A.R.C.O.S. In Steroids

A.R.C.O.S. C16Do you remember about the little Spanish knockout game A.R.C.O.S. C16 developed by Baron Ashler and sweetly released in .PRG and .TAP formats under the Kabuto Factory label?

Even though being a pretty nice and original game, it was a BASIC written piece of code, and this unfortunately meant it would undergo a terrible slowness overall, which definitely affects the game's playablility. Baron Ashler has declared that he tried to compile the code with unfruitful results. That's why we've asked for an hero to save the day!

And an hero has come, at last! If the earlier version has been released in Xmas, the new one can't have a release day better than Easter! Easy to guess him, SVS is the Man who eats beef'n'compilers since years. With his help, it has been possible to compile A.R.C.O.S. C16 into a better playbale 32K version, again available as .TAP and .PRG in the same page! Go try the new one!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-04-29
13:56:32
 Re: A.R.C.O.S. In Steroids

Congrats SVS for managing to compile it! I played with it for a while, the speed is definitely more acceptable. I had to load up the original after that to see how it was, and now it seems even worse in comparison, it's almost unplayable.

Well, I do hope that the authors stick to it and release more games, hopefully better ones. Maybe board/logical games would be more up their alley, as those don't need to much fancy animation.

Posted By

Litwr
on 2014-04-29
14:53:28
 Re: A.R.C.O.S. In Steroids

IMHO it's become too fast. I lose all my ships during 30-40 seconds. It is curios to know why it was so difficult to compile the code of this game.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024