Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-03-11
09:30:12
 Re: PHILIPS CDI JOYPADS WORK FINE WITH YOUR PLUS 4!!

Don't worry scarrabri, MMS is pointing out you will more than likely damage your 264 if you use a CD-I pad which was c16fan's intention I'm sure... This is why I said, "More spam from c16fan...".

As for your TED, it might be damaged. Make sure SHIFLOCK is not on... Load up YAPE or any C16/Plus4 emulator and set the joystick to use keys on your keyboard, you will see for your self what really should be printed on screen verse your real machine. Everything else looks to be functioning more than ok if your running demo's so it might only be effected in this way. Machine code programs such as games should be fine as they don't use keyboard characters to make the joystick work, but this fault may interrupt what the joystick should be doing at times and may stop it working for the odd millisecond, that sticky feeling I was talking about.

Personally I had random characters printing all over the screen. Another person I got to met back in the early 2000's his Plus4 was printing nothing on screen via the joyports as they were dead! He used some crazy autofire joystick while pressing the keys on the keyboard to make it shoot faster all at the same time, something like that he said. Both times it was just a case of replacing TED and that was all that was needed.

I'm not saying yours is faulty but from what I have said you should be able to tell if it is or not. If it is and your happy to make do for now then fair enough. I would grab some spare machines when possible though. It's better to have 2 or 3 than just the 1 in case the worst should happen, that's something that you could later work towards. No real rush to do that today if your joyports are playing up... Sorry if it turns out to be so.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024