Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-02-18
23:37:14
 Re: c64/vic20 to c16 Datasette adapter

Man... someone make a batch of new 64k memory cartridges for Commodore 16's and I'm there on the BUY IT YESTERDAY button!!

Although not as busy as some forums out there we have loads of people passing by and many still active from Germany, the rest of Europe all the way down to the tip of Italy, Canada to Russia, Japan and Brazil. Loads of users and coders from all over the world. happy

Yeah, I have not backed up many of my games, more the ultra rare and hard to replace games on C16/Plus4, such as Pin Point, Phantom & Jet Set Willy 32k version, some others... Stuff like Tom Thumb, Winter & Summer Events I have more than one copy of so that saved me making backups of them. wink
On C64 I also did backups of Turrican 1 & 2, Last Ninja Remix & Last Ninja 3 as they would cost to much to replace now days. In all my years I have lost 2 tapes that were chewed, one was Terra Nova C16/Plus4 trying so hard to make a .tap image for emulation and it was having none of it lol, and the other was Rick Dangerous on C64. Really painful when that happens but more to do with the datassette has seen better days so had stop using them as you would. Rick Dangerous is common as muck, Terra Nova, took about 2 years for one to show up on the bay of E. Finally have another, need to back it up at some point!!!!
But yeah what I was going to say, those that I have copied are like perfect mirrors of the original using the datassette way to do it. Just like the real thing or as good as you could hope for!

Here is a picture of it. I never made it, came with a job lot of C64 stuff back in the 1990's and though it never came with any copied tapes I laughed as I knew what it was. grin
Never came with the 1531 adapters, I added them as I use 1531's mostly.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024