Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

plus 4 in colour
on 2014-01-15
21:23:39
 why not a vic 20 world

I love my commodore plus 4 and all the great games but why not have VIC 20 WORLD there is LEMON 64 and LEMON AMIGA so lets have VIC 20 WORLD!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-01-16
13:29:30
 Re: why not a vic 20 world

Apart from Denial which doesn't host the complete Vic 20 game archive, I'm not sure of any real dedicated Vic 20 sites. I know nitroroms have just about every game but it's a tedious site to explore through for the ones you want.

Unless somebody can point out another Vic 20 site, there certainly seems to be an opening for a new dedicated site that could host all the games, or at least maybe link to them on external sites such as nitroroms and others in an easier layout, much like plus4world does here along with the screenshots and other info. If I had a Vic 20 then I would have considered this myself a long time ago.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-01-16
07:59:42

Why not a VIC 20 world? The answer is simple: no-one cares enough to make one.

The C16 Plus/4 scene is very small, but we do have a handful of very dedicated folks, who keep things alive. (You know who you are! And this includes everyone who comments, without that community, there wouldn't be much point.) No-one gets paid for any of this, so we must all be dedicated and motivated to keep coming back.

To echo Sixteen Plus: Denial is also the only VIC 20 site I know, and I also don't have this machine. Didn't even know it "back then", all my friends either had a C64 or a C16/Plus/4, few Spectrums, that was it.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2014-01-16
16:58:04

At least there used to be a VIC-20 gamebase referred to from here (link went dead a long time back):

http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=814&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Actually I have seen the VIC-20 earlier than a C16 at the local computer club (around early 1985). I can recall a cartridge with a jackpot like game on it.

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-01-16
19:56:26

Well, some half-cousins of mine had a Vic-20 way back in 1984 where I saw Hunchback loaded, it was shortly before I got my C16 that following Christmas. It was my only ever single brief encounter with it.

Posted By

TMR
on 2014-01-17
12:59:39

The VIC version of Gamebase is active and maintained, but isn't available through a web interface like the C64 version right now. There's some threadage at Denial about it, look for the username Mayhem since he's maintainer.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024