Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2013-08-14
15:24:05
 Re: Amiga Music Box 1

Csabo and me discussed several times about the presumed ( grin ) promptness of understanding and usage of his fantastic TEDsound generating source code.

Me and Degauss did try several times to approach it, eventually failing. This has happened because other source codes like TLCplay and the one that 4-Mat released with TED Storm were deeply documented, and their features are limited into precise perimeters. On the countrary, even though we tried and tried again, Csabo's code looks different from tune to tune, because he optimizes the compiled .prg cuttin'out what the tune doesn't need. I watch the code asking to myself: omg and what's the slice he doesn't use now, what do I miss? The only words about what that code can do, and in which way, are there as comment lines.
Where are the parameters for a glide? Where can I tag and edit an arpeggio? 4-Mat's code set the average volume between what you've selected for the channels, and how Csabo's manage it?

On the other hand, Csabo was bewildered about our difficulties: the code is there, no probs at all, he has properly thought. Overall result: both sides get stuck in their positions :/ It's a pity, as I've written years before, the potential of Csabo's source code is quite big, but we simply were not able to embrace the parameters that drive it The author uses it 1x, 2x, 1.5x, with digis, with elephants dwarfs and dancers; and we dunno how it works grin

For who didn't know, I've handled this argument in the last issue of my ancient magazine Lone News 20, with several examples included.

Because my post is 95% fun and 5% real stuff, I laughed during the entire typing of this text. But now let's take advantage of this thread in order to unjam our respective locks once forever happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024