Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2013-08-07
04:27:17
 Yape monitor

I've used this good feature of Yape. I have a suggestion to Gaia:
I noticed that during monitor using, step by step execution, the emulator screen is not updated. Then my proposal, you can update the screen when monitor is open but idle. Is it possible?

Posted By

Litwr
on 2013-08-07
07:46:05
 Re: Yape monitor

It is not easy. Plus4emu also missed this feature. So only old "plus4forever?" does the choice. happy BTW DOS browser Arachne is updated this year. The new TCP/IP utilities for DOS (mtcp: ftp, telnet, ping, ... ) are also released in 2013. So it is time to try DOS again! happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-08-07
08:05:16

Actually, it does, but not always(?). I'm a bit confused about how it actually works, but I can easily demonstrate that this indeed happens.

In regular monitor, type:
A 0C00 INC $FF19
JMP $0C00
then start that with
GC00

Now enter into the emulator monitor with ALT+M. Put a paperweight on F9... You can see that the border color doesn't update. Now, put a breakpoint to $0C00 (B C00), and exit with "X". It will immediately trigger, and this time, pressing F9 will update the border.

So for now (maybe until there's a new version), you can use this trick if you want to see the screen update: wherever you are in the code, put a one-time breakpoint to the very next address (with the U command), exit, and you're good to go.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2013-08-14
16:47:21

You guys know YAPE better than I grin Now I am truly amazed happy I've had a look at the source but quite frankly I have not much clue what is going on in there anymore. I believe breakpoints are tackled via the Windows message loop somehow (that redraws) and the plain debug steps are simply executing but this is only a partial explanation.

I put it on my TODO list happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024