Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIRKOSOFT
on 2013-06-18
04:30:28
 DFLIconv error - need help

Hi!

I'm not user of Plus/4 but I'm very interest in graphics possibilities for TED chip.
I downloaded utility DFLIconv to transfer bitmaps to Plus/4 format.

I tried to use it and always appears error in command line:

Exception in thread "main" java.langNullPointerException at dfli.DfiliConv.main(DfliConv.java:236)

Can anybody help me?

Many thanks for every help.

Miro

Posted By

Patrick
on 2013-06-18
04:54:13
 Re: DFLIconv error - need help

maybe you have bette luck with PLUS4EMU -->http://plus4world.powweb.com/tools/plus4emu
you need the p4fliconv part of it!

have a look at: Csabo's Gfx Edit, it can also do alot of nice graphics things for the plus/4!!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-06-18
09:35:36

Hi Miro,

Welcome to Plus/4 World!

Unfortunately that tool doesn't have the source released, so that error message doesn't help much. The author of the tool (bubis) still logs in to the site occasionally, so hopefully he'll see this thread and give you some advice.

In general, you want to check that:
- you have a valid image
- you're using the correct parameters
- your Java is up to date

Otherwise I can vouch for what Patick suggested. The converter that comes with Plus4EMU is very popular, a lot of people use it.

Hope this helps!

Posted By

MIRKOSOFT
on 2013-06-18
10:03:08

Many thanks boys!

I tried also Plus4Emu.
Only part converter.
I tried various modes, but error appears at checking preview.
"Done, RMS error = 0.0105"
Trough the error I test to use image in VICE, not correct image.
Knows anybody what it means? Also I need to see preview without using emulator to show, but there is only flashing part of image (I don't mean interlaced), I mean incorrect characters.

Can you help me anyway?

Miro

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2013-06-18
11:16:41

Hi Miro,

The "Done, RMS error = 0.0105" message means that the conversion process ended successfully and the Root Mean Square error between the original and the converted pictures is 0.0105, but I think this really does not interest you (anyways I guess it is a slight bit more than 1% difference). The second part of your post is very hard to understand so I really cannot help with what you are trying to do but I suggest you to forget VICE. It is very much unusable except for the most basic stuff. Use plus4emu or YAPE. Once I tried the converter and I don't remember to have any problem with its preview function. If you could upload somewhere the picture you want to convert, describe the settings you use and show screenshots of the issues maybe someone could help track down your problem.

Posted By

MIRKOSOFT
on 2013-06-18
11:32:40
 Re: DFLIconv error - solved

Thank you very much boys!

No conversion was now problem, problem was VICE!

I used YAPE and all is ok...

Many many thanks for all.

Miro

Posted By

bubis
on 2013-07-10
09:08:09

NullPointerException? That means improper error handling.
Shame on me! grin

DFLIConv was an early bird really, the first FLI conveter in the new age for TED (and the first dfli converter), later conveters like Larry's P4PC FLI Converter or Istvan's p4fliconv archived much better results.

Posted By

carrion
on 2013-07-18
03:10:24

@Mirkosoft
Vice plus/4 emulation is varry bad.
It can't handle MFLI or actually anything more than pure hires or multicolor
If your pic is ok in Yape it means it is fine.
Use Yape or Plus4Emu they can handle TED advanced software gfx modes well.
Enjoy!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024