Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Litwr
on 2013-03-30
12:19:28
 Re: The addition to Plus/4 wikipedia article

[MIK] Thank you very much for the help. happy Slav languages are without articles - so it is uneasy for me to use them . I use all but one of your corrections. The whole wiki text is
While the Plus/4's CPU could run about 75% faster than the C64's, the computer was still designed with a shared memory architecture, in which screen data resided in main memory. This means that the video chip has to access the memory while it is displaying the picture, in effect slowing down the CPU to less than half its full speed in this screen area. Only during those periods when the video chip is displaying the screen border or putting out the horizontal and vertical retrace signals is the CPU able to run at full speed. This means that, on average, with standard 40x25 screen the Plus/4's CPU runs only about 25% faster than that of the C64. However, it is mentioned 75% faster at screen blank mode.
Should I replace words in bold with yours?
[gc841] Do you know any C+4/C16/C116 user who doesn't know about C64? I'm not author of the article concept. I've only added information to the existed article structure.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024