Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-03-09
04:48:40
 Re: C116, how far can you push it!

lol you hear the voices of guys who would love to have one in the collection. So yeah we personally would not touch them, almost sacred even as it was not sold here in the UK and for a 264 that small - who would not want to have one! We are NOT questioning your loyalty because you want to do something to one, that is up to you. Your free to do as you please just the first thing that comes to our minds is keep it original and nothing more. happy

So you can understand that doing stuff to one, even in thought is hard to comprehend as we don't have one to do anything too any way and even if we did you know the answer to that one...

If they were as common as a C16 then yeah 64K, internal SD2IEC and I'm sure some one would go as far as putting a PC netbook inside one as they have done with a Spectrum case.

As you know a C16 is almost an empty shell inside. I've always wondered if you could get a C16 & a 64C motherboard inside the thing. Maybe enough room to put a real 1541 MKII drive inside the case with just the C16 motherboard. Of course loads of room in a C16 for SD2IEC. Then again my usage of these machines is at a basic level, mostly games...

As for your Plus4 keyboards, you must of been unlucky with second hand machines. A brand new Plus/4 is faultless and can run like that for years. I had friends who ended up with sticky keys, but mine always worked. I also had no issues with a plus/4 keyboard to use, it felt nice and the arrow keys were in the perfect place for messing about which is something I would never change. But yeah... A nice and clean C116 will work just as good as a same condition Plus/4 and Plus/4 keyboard contacts can be cleaned as there is nothing too them other than being a glorified over sized joypad really. End of the day a Plus/4 allowed me to have a Computer, something I would of loved even when the Vic20 was out but the price stopped me getting one. Some people already know, I wanted a C16 for Xmas that year as time was running out and any computer would of done but because they were selling a C16 for £40 more than a Plus/4 and I ended up with the later! wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024