Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Danny​speed
on 2013-03-05
05:19:59
 Wie kann ich die 1551 umbauen, damit ich per Schalter die Geräteadresse ändern kann?

Hallo, ich würde gern eine meiner 1551 mit einem Schalter versehen, um die Geräteadresse von 8 auf 9 zu ändern, ohne dies jedes Mal aufwendig per Software tun zu müssen. Weiß jemand von Euch, wo die Jumper dazu liegen, bzw. wie das geht? Danke schon mal und viele Grüße, Dannyspeed.

haribo1978@web.de

How can I convert the 1551, so I can change the device address?

Hello, I would like one of my 1551 equipped with a switch to turn the device address from 8 to 9, without having to do this every time via software. Does anyone know where the jumpers are or how this can be made to works? Thanks in advance and best regards, Danny Speed.

haribo1978@web.de

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-03-06
09:13:38
 Re: Wie kann ich die 1551 umbauen, damit ich per Schalter die Geräteadresse ändern kann?

I don't own a 1551 (even if I did, I still wouldn't know about jumpers happy), but I suspect some of the hardware gurus know the answer to this... Anyone?

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2013-03-06
10:54:55
 Re: Wie kann ich die 1551 umbauen, damit ich per Schalter die Geräteadresse ändern kann?

Hi Dannyspeed,

I'm not a hardware guru myself either, but head over to http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/schematics/drives/new/1551/index.html for the schematics and good luck to you in your endeavor. I think what you are looking for is in the interface cartridge but as I already said I'm not a hardware type at all.

Posted By

crock
on 2013-03-06
11:07:48

I think what you are looking for is in the interface cartridge...

I would have guessed the same, but apparently not. Look at page 71 of the user manual. (link changed in order to save outer site's bandwidth as requested in the past)
It says there is a jumper on the motherboard which can be cut to change the device number, which I assume is the one next to the 6523/6525. This would imply that you only have the choice between 8 and 9, unlike the serial drives which have 2 jumpers and you can set from 8 -> 11.

Rob

Posted By

George
on 2013-03-06
12:48:06

Hallo Danny,

die Jumper liegen auf dem Motherboard im Inneren. Aufschrauben (4 Schrauben) und auf die Platine schauen. Da muss ein Jupmer sein. Kann auch für Dich nachschauen.

Posted By

raze
on 2013-03-06
20:08:34
 Re: Wie kann ich die 1551 umbauen, damit ich per Schalter die Geräteadresse ändern kann?GG

Following on from George's post page 72 of the user's guide states:

1. Turn case right side up and remove case top.
2. Remove 2 screws on side of metal housing covering the main circuit board.
3. Remove housing.
4. Locate the device number jumper. It will be a small round silvery spot (solder pads) on the main circuit board (The only jumper I can see on the schematic is connected to pin 30 of the 6525A IC but there may be others).
5. Make the cut by completing the cut already nearly separating the two halves of the jumper.

So it would seem that if a switch was wired so that the pads were open or closed the device number would be changed.

Please proceed at your own risk - I accept no responsibility.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024