Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Nightbird
on 2002-09-23
 Disk Explorer on Emulators

Hello!

I have difficulties running Disk Explorer on emulators.
It is supposed to run on the newest Yape, but I couldn't get a clean picture.
My problem is that the the chars get unreadable after executing the programme.
S\_/S told me, that he can get it up and running nicely.
Could this be a display adapter problem?

Thank you for any suggestions,
Ádám Beraxa

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-23
 Re: Disk Explorer

I tried it with the latest version of all the available PC emus, and it didn't work. It runs, but after asking for the drive number, it locks up or the screen gets filled with garbage. Maybe SVS knows how to set up the emus so that it runs.

(Szia! Bocs, hogy nem írtam... Majd ma fogok!)

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-09-23
 Disk Explorer 0.91b

This will work with YAPE 0.38 and higher IF YOU SET 1541 EMULATION ON and turn 1551 emulation off.

Disk Explorer attempts to read from the diskette through OPEN and INPUT Kernal routines, that do not work correctly on other emulators. However, if the program is run on a true Plus/4, it works as designed.

I was able to make screenshots for Csabo using the above method, showing the program in action.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-23
 Not quite right

I did try it with turning 1541 emulation on, but I didn't think I had to turn 1551 emulation off. So following your advice I just tried it with those settings, but no luck. I tried it with .41, .40 and .37 (don't have .38), but I get the garbled screen. There is something else that makes it work... I still have those screenshots, so I can see that you got it to run, though...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-23
 Solution

What I was missing is "Attach D64 image". (D'oh!) So it will work if the settings are as described above, and a D64 image is attached.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-09-23
 Yes, it works...

It does work, and you have to turn off 1551 emulation and leave 1541 emulation only. Note that 1551 overrides 1541 if both is present and the first one is not a true drive emulation.

After selecting 1541 drive emulation only, you have to load and start up the DiskExplorer PRG file. During startup you may wish to attach a D64 file, otherwise there's nothing to explore wink

With this it should be possible to use the proggie with Yape... Hope this helped!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-23
 Hehe

I beat you to it! happy Hi Ati, what's up?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-09-23
 Hey Csabo

Hey Csabo, I haven't yet congratuelted on your stunning 1k games, so I'll do it now wink I am just back from a short holiday and been quite busy recently, so not much has happened yet that is worthwhile happy

I'll send ya a mail shortly, keep alerted wink

On the subject of this thread: I forgot to mention that Yape's processor level drive emulation is read-only, so you won't be able to change a D64 in any way... Well, if yes, then it's a bug wink

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-09-23
 D64 images

It is a habit of mine that when I'm working with a disk image, I attach it. YAPE does not allow another way to use a disk image.

Therefore it seems logical to me that 'attach a .d64 image' is the same as 'insert disk into drive', 'cept for the emulator as opposed to a 1541.

My apologies for not specifying this detail.

Ati, Disk Explorer allows exploring, not modifying the disk, so there should be no features that would not work under YAPE.

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-09-24
 Version 0.91 of DiskExplorer

*allows* preliminary disk editing, hehehe... wink
But only through the sector editor. After modifying one ore more bytes, you are prompted to confirm updating the sector on disk (or image). The icon editor, on the contrary, else if allows draw modifications, does not follow the update option yet.
Wait next releases happy

Attila (hi happy )
in my opinion, if 1551 emulation overwrites 1541 emulation, you should program the setting box in order the 1551 sign on will cancel the 1541 sign. This would clarify any user that they are alternative ones.

Posted By

Nightbird
on 2002-09-24
 Thank you for the help!

Hello!

Thank you for all your kind replies, I have to check this at home. However, if my memory doesn't fail me (as it often does), I remember attaching a .D64 image to Yape, and it didn't work...
/I now hope my memory *does* fail me wink/

Cheers,
Ádám

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024