Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

friedhelm
on 2012-12-23
13:36:52
 Printing out of an emulator

Good evening. When using the search keyword "print%", I get quite a number of results but none of them helpful, or maybe I've been blinded by the mass of results.

I want to print something out of Calc-Plus and Script-Plus which are loaded into my PC via an emulator. My machine's got an LPT1 parallel port. Does anybody here know whether that would be possible? If yes, what drivers -or else- would I have to consider?

Thx in advance / friedhelm

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-12-23
13:48:12
 Re: Printing out of an emulator

Not sure how to get that done, just two general comments: searching for print% is same as just searching for print. Another way of getting to print-related programs would have been Software (from the main menu) -> Utility -> Print (not that you'd find an answer there to your question though, just mentioning it).

Posted By

friedhelm
on 2012-12-23
14:12:53

Csabo, thx for the quick reply. Browsing through the 'print' search entries didn't find me a substantional help. I assume that this site is mainly dedicated to games? Most of the postings I've flicked through are in relation to games, without any deeper thoughts and - or knowledge. Well, I'll be going to have a look at some more CBM sites with experienced members able to provide me some clues. Thank you for your help anyway.

friedhelm

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-12-23
15:09:11

We're definitely more than games, there's also a lot of interest in demos, we have many hardware gurus and some talk about utilities as well. Trying other sites for help can be a good idea anyway, but I think eventually some people will turn up here who can give some useful answers to the printing issues. It may take a while, not everyone visits daily and the holiday season can be busy for many.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2012-12-23
15:14:28

VICE supports printing directly to LPT1 or LPT2 (actually any LPT port) but I have never tested it. Other emulators support it only indirectly: first into an image format (say BMP) and then using a Windows application to print it on paper.

Posted By

papad​wight
on 2012-12-26
23:16:16

I print in my emulator in around about way my ccs64 also emulates a plus 4, its takes pictures with just a click of mouse puts them in my pics of demos or on facebook for me. loads and runs them auto for me uses my flick stick pc joystick or emulates one or key use which ever
I want. I take picture of disk after listing put it in a index. makes its own copy that I can just click on a min later ccsforever pops up on my xt and runs plus 4 program.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024