Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-19
 Styles are Online

Now that we have the Styles feature online, I was wonder what you guys and girls think of them... What's your favourite? Let's hear those opinions... happy

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-09-19
 I hope that you have permission

to emulate other peoples' sites. I went through the options and ended putting it back to the default 'cause that way I know for sure what site I'm on.

It sure could be confusing to think I'm on Mike's or Kim's site, and not be able to find what I'm looking for.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-09-20
 Nice work

Very well done, Csabo, the text only version is surely a great idea too.

Posted By

Noro
on 2002-09-20
 Nice Idea

It's a nice idea of the styles, I like CoolBlue and also think the text only version is very useful.
But I will stick with the default because of the perfect Plus/4 logo, which I also use in my maps (or should I make my maps with styles? wink )
I would like an adoption of the default style with the Plus4 system font or fonts from games such as P.O.D, Mercenary, Monty or of course the new Xeo3.
I also have 2 suggestions:
1. there should be a link to the styles page somewhere on the home page (now it's only in the news)
2. could You also remember the number of columns of games listings in the cookie You set for the style? ( I have a 1280 wide screen and have to change to 7 manually every time )

Great work Csabo!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-20
 Replies

To JamesC: I'm afraid I have to disappoint you once again - no written permission so far. I did write a letter to Mike and Webspezi, if they have any objections, I will immediately remove these options.

About Kim's site (it took me a while to figure out what you meant) - our style called "Lemon64-ish" was inspired by his design, but it is my own. I liked his look, that's all. They may be a bit similar, but I doubt anyone would confuse them because of all the differences (especially color theme).

About all of this being confusing: all styles have huge Plus4World logos on them, on every page the TITLE includes Plus4World, and your address bar would be a dead giveaway as well. Of course you can leave it on the default style, that's why it's still there. Thanks for your feedback on this though.

I was waiting for your comments on my 2002 MiniGame Compo entries. When I made them NTSC compatile, I had you in mind as my NTSC comrade happy

To Noro: Thanks for the ideas... Both 1) and 2) is in my plans! But it's only so much that I can do for the community in one day with a full time job and a 3 months old baby daughter... wink

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-09-20
 Csabo -->

I haven't downloaded the 1k demos, let alone run them on my NTSC machine. I have (3) children at home aged 3 or younger, remember? happy Right now my Star Commander cable isn't hooked up 'cause I need that port for the scanner.

I've been spending what little free time I have scanning Compute!s Gazette magazine covers and writing up the info screens for their +4/16 software.... trying to get my website content worth viewing and downloading. happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-20
 Okay then

In that case your silence is forvigen wink Good luck with the scanning and getting your site new finished.

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-09-23
 2 Csabo :

Great work the styles! Hopig you put a link to styling-setup in the home page.
And furthermore I'm waiting for other new styles (maybe with not-white background, due to my tired eyes wink ).
BTW: Did you receive my previous e-mailed messages with other tips?
Thank you once again from all us.

S\_/S

Posted By

WebSpezi
on 2002-09-23
 The C16.DE Tribute Style is ok!

Naturally it is no problem for us that you made a C16-Style. Nevertheless,
on the contrary, we are glad if our layout likes well enough to be perpetuated in one of your styles.

Now I hope, you still visit our original Homepage www.c16.de more often wink

Greetings from Germany

Webspezi.

P.S. Excuse me for my bad english...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024