Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Degauss
on 2012-11-13
19:22:53
 Re: crackers demo 5

I just wanted to say that i generally love the idea of another scene-reviving coop and i would create a demopart for it in any case. And it would be some kind of an ultimate thing to have a trackmo-like coop.

I also have my doubts about this. From my experience i would say the linking-part of the work costs most of the time. Since we all have a real life (have we?) this could only work with very strict rules, discipline, organization, etc. for those involved. I don't say its impossible, i just fear it will be a damn hard job to do and probably no fun at times.

I also understand not everybody likes this trackmo-idea. Lavina found just the right words: Having your own work "dissolve in the soup" is something some of us don't want to happen. Thats personal flavour and in any case a valid argumentation.

My feelings about the current discussion are two-edged: On one side maybe its not the right time for a sophisticated and complex thing like a coop *trackmo*. On the other hand it's maybe just misleading to have a technical discussion at this stage - "technical" in a sense that we're talking about a CD5, and we're talking about a trackmo.

I could rant about all this even further, but i'm running out of time. What i really wanted to say is:

It doesn't really matter to me if it would be a "CD5" or "8SOB, part two" or "limiTED 3" or whatever. It also wouldn't matter to me if this is a Trackmo, an Atari-ST-1992-Megademo-Like-Partselector or just a disk with a couple of .PRG-Files. Another Crackers-Demo as well as any other coop/group-effort would mean to me: An occasion to go to Hungary, preferably to Ajka. To see you all in person, have nice chats and a couple of beers. To see new +4-demos on the bigscreen. And knowing that we pumped some life into our little scene.

So maybe we didn't ask the right questions. Maybe we shouldn't ask "Shall we do the next CD5?", instead we should better ask "What do we do for next years Arok/Busodore/Scenecon?" (The answer to the last question could probably be: CD5 happy )

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024