Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

carrion
on 2012-08-14
04:43:29
 Lazur vs Boris - New Picture Show

I’ve been playing with Timanthes and CPlus4conv for some time and the resulats I have lately with converting pictures for Commodore 264 famiily of computers are turning into niceresults. I figured out how to use Timanthes converting capabilities and a minimium retouching to achieve nice looking C+4 graphics.
Today I release this Picture Show to C+4 community as an example of what could be achieved on this fantastic machine.
Take a look at my Blog here:

http://carrionpixels.wordpress.com/

For this picture show I selected 7 picures: 3 from Amiga pixel master Lazur himself, and 4 from my all time favorite painter Boris Valejo. Ofcourse the pictures were scaled and croped to fit 320×200 size but I tried to keep colors and the mood as close as possible to the originals.
Credits have to go for MMS for coding the picture show / loader routines that I used for this production. I’d like to thank MMS also for help he gave me on the Plus4World.com forum.

Keep in mind it’s not a regular Gfx collection like the ones I pixel for C64 demoscene. The purpose of this release was mainly to share with the community what C+4 is capable of and what you can achieve when properly use modern tools like Timanthes and p4fliconv.

Enjoy!

ps. Someone please add it here as well - I have no clue how to add new release on this portal wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-08-14
05:19:30
 Re: Lazur vs Boris - New Picture Show

Woho you really achieved some hi-quality conversions to interlaced MFLI!
I'll upload the collection, writing a little news, once at home, and this means in few hours. Apropos: I'll upload a cleaned version of your .D64 due to some garbage coming from the original MMS disk, still present as DEL files.

Posted By

carrion
on 2012-08-14
05:29:32

@Luca:
sure no problem, plz do it a proper demoscene release.
btw: I have few more converts mainly from /|\ ST and some from 8bit atari but you know it's not the right thing to bring atari stuff to commodore. let them use our achievements.
but joking asaide. I have some pics from Piesiu and they look excelent on Plus/4 and I not only mean the 8bit pictures but also the 320x200 ST pictures.
MMS collestion from LOTR also inspired me to do StarWars based collection of converted pics.

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-08-14
09:52:13

Amazing pictures, more amazing how awesome they look coming out of a Plus/4. Very nice!! happy

This week alone with Metamerism and now these quality pictures the poor old Plus/4 has been on overload with eye candy! grin

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-08-14
05:47:22

Not the right thing, d'you say? Let's see them first wink I'm very interested in converted Atari 8bit pics, and I had my own attempts too years ago, especially some fantastic ones made by Ooz and Piesiu like this one, there's no scandal in interact with other scenes.

If you're now on converting and experimenting, push it (of course, we all hope in watching another fantastic original from you as soon as possible wink ).

Posted By

carrion
on 2012-08-14
06:16:26

@luca
he he he then you, my friend are not aware of my "fame" at the atari demoscene...
I'm known here and there as the biggest polish atari hater wink well i deserved this "badge" some time ago and i don't deny this "badge" of mine.
but the truth is that ooz and piesiu are excelent pixelers and their stuff could look excelent at our platform.

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2012-08-14
06:52:53

carrion, how did you manage to earn the Biggest Polish Atari Hater badge?

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2012-08-14
07:53:54

As usual I'm shocked by 264 graphic possibilities.
Good work, Carrion.

Posted By

MMS
on 2012-08-14
14:28:44

wow,Lazur and Boris are my all time fav. Too! happy i can't wait going home and check it.
When you make the datasheet, pls credit to Istvan Varga as coder. Thx!
I usually reached the best result, when i used 2x1 pixelize effect in photo editors,maybe Timanthes do it automatically. I should check that tool too. Few years back i checked some crosstools, but all were limited by C64 palette.
Usual Garbage: i use Dirmaster and Plus4emu. Believe me: in both tools my last releases look good without crappy dir lines, i do not know where they come from. so maybe i should add some more tools to check it, but i am innocent grin

Wow, I arrived to home, and checked the pictures. They look fantastic! Respect! In the light of these pictures I realize how much I overdithered some of the pictures in the Iron Maiden slideshow :-o

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-08-14
09:09:59

Very nice pictures! The released D64 loads and runs fine, I see no need to change it from the original.

Posted By

Luca
on 2012-08-14
09:39:03

Oh, nothing scary of course. I would mean that in the Carrion's .D64 still there are the deleted files from the MMS original disk, probably he managed the MMS diskimage to add his files in. I suggested a simple cleaning up of that, nothing more wink
Put in that I also changed an initial character to its capital letter, and we now can affirm two truths:
- green wins on Plus/4, ever;
- The Childish Messiah (TCMH) is back today :D

Posted By

Degauss
on 2012-08-14
09:56:36

I'm in shock. Very well done, carrion. The images look astonishing! Have to see that on real iron... wink

Posted By

Csio
on 2012-08-14
14:27:46

YES! YES! and YES!
This is when the dreams come true. and again new world opening in the gfx of Plus/4.
Timanthess is a very good and powerfull stuff for every commodore users. LET'S use it whole plus/4 scene!! Just has anybody a plus4 colorpallette for this??????pliiitz
Thanx for ya Carrion! I wanna work with ya in the future. Monarchy give a command... beep... beep

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2012-08-16
06:22:47

Could someone add a news item regarding this amazing picture show?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-08-16
09:04:28

Ok, done, retroactively added for the 14th happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024