Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2012-06-04
16:59:18
 Re: stripes on lcd tv, why?

for me it looks like a interference coming from somewhere makes you TV signal input going a little crazy.

It amy come from C64, but could be that the C64 generates an extra noise on the air and your cable collects it, or the c64 output is not as clear as the plussy one.
In fact, my old breabbox C64 RCA output is much more noisy with the same RCA cable and same (maybe I can call upmarket) TV than Plussy.
I mean on C64 even the BASIC code is hardly readible (but in games a lot of issues visible too), while Plussy picture is extra sharp. Too bad I still could not enjoy my Dino show on 32" from reaL IRON grin

You may try switching on an independent C64 "somewhere around" when you hooked up the Plussy, if you wanna check if the noise is coming from the air or the signal itself. You may also try some protection (like aluminium foil) around the RCA cable if it helps collection noise from the air.

But my best guess you have a breadbox C64.
Remark: The initial C64 VIC version were not very polished ones, i do not know if you are aware, that the very first series had a different kind of 16 color palette too with 9 luminance level on VIC1, later palette is too "dull" as per some graphicians (you know Spectrum, so VIC1 was very close to that).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024