Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chronos
on 2012-06-03
16:18:33
 stripes on lcd tv, why?

hey guruz!

my tiny lcd tv produce lil stripes on the left side of the screen when i hook up a c64 on rca cable. You can see here:

A képet a Képfeltöltés.hu tárolja.

If i using commodore plus4 the screen is ok :D

why? any idea? on the other side, if i hook the c64 on my samsung lcd tv, the picture is perfect..

Posted By

Chronos
on 2012-06-04
11:06:15
 Re: stripes on lcd tv, why?

ok, TLC answered again on fb.. thx.. but if anybody have any idea, thanks in advance!

well Csabo, just a suggestion.. someday when you have some spare time don't you divide the forum into hw problems, games etc.. now, there is a lot of topics only with a few comment no "pinned" topics aka parties etc.. dunno

Posted By

MMS
on 2012-06-04
16:59:18

for me it looks like a interference coming from somewhere makes you TV signal input going a little crazy.

It amy come from C64, but could be that the C64 generates an extra noise on the air and your cable collects it, or the c64 output is not as clear as the plussy one.
In fact, my old breabbox C64 RCA output is much more noisy with the same RCA cable and same (maybe I can call upmarket) TV than Plussy.
I mean on C64 even the BASIC code is hardly readible (but in games a lot of issues visible too), while Plussy picture is extra sharp. Too bad I still could not enjoy my Dino show on 32" from reaL IRON grin

You may try switching on an independent C64 "somewhere around" when you hooked up the Plussy, if you wanna check if the noise is coming from the air or the signal itself. You may also try some protection (like aluminium foil) around the RCA cable if it helps collection noise from the air.

But my best guess you have a breadbox C64.
Remark: The initial C64 VIC version were not very polished ones, i do not know if you are aware, that the very first series had a different kind of 16 color palette too with 9 luminance level on VIC1, later palette is too "dull" as per some graphicians (you know Spectrum, so VIC1 was very close to that).

Posted By

Chronos
on 2012-06-05
08:07:47

Where can i put the foil? around the plug, around the whole cabel or what? grin

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-06-05
09:11:36

It's not something I have seen before...

Try unplugging the TV for a while just in case it's a software fault. All flat screens TV's are run by computer software and can crash/hang from time to time where a simple unplug from the mains for a while can sort things out.

Try moving the wires in case there is a break, a short between picture and sound?

As already said it could be the C64 and it so happens your TV does not like this screen mode. Do you have a C64C to test?

Does the TV support Scart? Can you try a composite video to scart block and take the picture in that way via AV1 to see if it makes a difference?

Try the RF lead. wink

Posted By

MMS
on 2012-06-05
15:29:58

catch the cable, and wrap around yourself + the cable with the alu foil. More is better.
don't move!
Interference-free static enjoyment is granted! grin

Posted By

Chronos
on 2012-06-07
02:51:16

okay dude! I'm trying to earn a space suit to fulfill the needs grin

Just an idea: Can i use CAT5 cable as RCA? It is better? i'll try it.. (no, i've found a better one)

Yesterday i've sacrified a Bandridge digital audio cable (Coax type, foiled all the way) for the Rca project and it failed.. So i think not the cable the issue..

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024