Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2012-05-21
18:17:09
 Re: Joysticks & Joypads questions.

Thanks for the post! good info, but still do not get: does it hurt Plussy to connect a converted NES Advantage? Or a C64 type QuickshotII with Autofire? Seems not... But they why SO MANY C16 failed?
I suppose very few people tried out hacked special keypads/joysticks or anything other than C64 joysticks...

There was one discussion on the overheat of the TED, and Levente installed a very brute ZX Spectrum alu heatsink on the head of the TED, I told "it is sparta"... but could be an other defect cause too, if any evidence is there...

On the other side it is sad, that due to this weakness (only this one?) C16 and Plussies tend to die earlier than C64 brothers, not to mention the quantity we have on the market. SID card may also help, if the DB9 port is simulating the original ports, but cannot directly hurt TED any more.

I think we badly need soon something similar to C64 DTV with hackable (or factory prepared) keyboard and serial connection... preferably with a SID implementation grin (though DTV has a little distorted sound)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024