Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2012-05-15
07:32:05
 Re: Legionnaire finally gets the love it deserves!

I load from disk slightly differently. I just press F3 for the directory , then I go up to the file I want, but I don't DLOAD" as the quote means I can't use the arrow keys. So I just LOAD, delete the PRG at the end, then go back to the end of the last quote and ,8 or ,8,1

On my 1541-III flashdrive it's different again. I have to LOAD "$insertnamehere",8 with the $ too to view the subdirectory contents and then the usual as above to load the game, using the navigation buttons on the device seems to freeze the computer, and the guy hasn't updated any firmware for a few years now I think

I would be more tempted with the ultimate if it was 264 series compatible, as it is a lot of cash to pay out, but with all the good shit on it I'm still very tempted.

I have a 64K C16, a plussy and an original 64 breadbin for the same reason you give, plus I prefer the style. I think the plussy is on it's way out though as it occasionally crashes on startup. I blew up my first C64 from a bent paperclip to userport reset method, unforuntately I touched the wrong pins, boom

I don't have near as many games as I used to 17-25 years ago, and as I've long been planning my move to the USA I'm going to have to get rid of a load of C64 tapes. If I had to choose one machine to take, of course it's the C16, I help run the C16 site, doh. I plan to take both though. Converting it to work over there will take some thinking about as I refuse to own an NTSC machine. Gonna be a more expensive hobby from then though

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024