Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

C16 Chris
on 2012-03-17
12:18:15
 plus4 app possible?

Dear programmers, on my taplet pc i can use a c64 emulator with android. So i think its more fun play our classic games mobile. Its must be great play rockman with full sound wenn you sitt on a public place.
I hope any one can create a yape vor android.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-03-18
17:40:33
 Re: plus4 app possible?

I think DOSbox has been ported to the Android, so maybe it's possible to run Forever Plus/4 Emulator under it? happy (Otherwise, even though I don't own an android device, I second the requests, it would be a cool thing to have.)

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-03-19
11:44:14

Get a PC note book and use the real Yape on the go. wink

Posted By

Litwr
on 2012-03-26
01:19:52

IMHO the best way is to use plus4emu. It is for any Linux. So you need only to compile it in the proper environment. Plus4 forever? is not the best choice for this case. It is the best for the pure DOS only. wink There is another way. Use Wine and Yape under it -- it should work.
[Lando] Has Microsoft paid you for your message? wink

Posted By

MMS
on 2012-03-20
14:35:07

i have symbian, so no plussy emu but i vote for Plus4emu, though YAPE also impressively developped recently

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-03-20
15:13:19

Litwr, haha no. happy

If I'm short on time and only what a quick look online I use my note book. It's not something that leaves the home either, just easier and boots quicker too. It has some form of Android on it but I have never booted it up. Cheap and cheerful. wink

Posted By

C16 Chris
on 2012-03-21
14:35:20

@ Csabo i think so to but the dosbox for Android is terible and i can't run the emulator. What i miss is a joystick / keyboard on the tuchscren.

In moment my pc is broken and i wait for the ordered new, so that i make my posting with my tablet, it was my chrismaspresent last year from me to me. Its nice to have one.

Posted By

Litwr
on 2012-03-26
01:19:24

I was sure that Dosbox is too slow for "+4forever?". However it is not completely true! I've just made several tests. They showed that Dosbox requires 8 GHz CPU for 100% speed with proper sound. So 3.2GHz gives about 40% with sound -- it is good for establishing champion records in this mode. wink However Dosbox gives 100% and even more with no sound. So it is possible to use it silently with Android and any (!) other OS with ported Dosbox.
BTW I found that the universal virtual machine (VirtualBox, QEMU+KVM, XEN, ...) with Intel/AMD PC CPU makes possible to use "+4forever" even with 200 MHz! However all tested VMs do not support sound. They emulate Soundblaster at their documentation only.
There is third way with DosEmu but it is the most difficult one. This program is only for Intel/AMD CPU and it is not supported last years. I couldn't run it with my hardware.
[Csabo] Thank you very much. happy I've just corrected the web documentation for "+4forever?" based on the mentioned above tests.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2012-03-26
17:26:05

Litwr: DOSBox is still very much supported! They have moved to Sourceforge, actually:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dosemu/

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024