Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2011-12-09
13:49:46
 DLOAD becomes LOAD

Bah! Dozens years passed when I moaned because in some cases I needed to LOAD instead of DLOAD something, and the solution was here like a Columbus'egg!

Simply use ESC to "munch away" the first letter! happy
ESC then F2 -> LOAD"
ESC then F5 -> SAVE"

Posted By

SVS
on 2011-12-09
14:39:34
 Re: DLOAD becomes LOAD

Good one!

Posted By

Chicken
on 2011-12-09
17:58:40

You haven't known this before? happy Never underestimate ESC :P Though, don't use this to LOAD something from the DIRECTORY cause ESC+D will still delete the line :P

Even if ppl looked down on the "windowing capabilities" when the plus/4 came out, ESC is extremely useful in everyday life (at least on the real iron, e.g. when you have to "protect" some code in video RAM).

It's a plus/4 thing, I guess, kinda like using DSAVE"DLOAD" to save a speedloader and then just needing to press F2,F2,RETURN to load it. (Unless you save them on every disk first, which I used to do. Of course then SHIFT+RUN/STOP is the easiest way).

Posted By

MIK
on 2011-12-09
19:34:29

New to me but I always used: L(shift)O RETURN

happy

Posted By

siz
on 2011-12-11
05:30:48

In directory listing you should step the line BEFORE the entry you want to load then press Esc and F2. It will delete the former line and type load to the one you want to load. happy
But you still need to press Esc K, delete back the file type and type in ,8,8 happy
Edit:
I've just tried it in YaPE: in theory it looks good but it will type load" before the quoted file name so it will became load""filename" prg. :(

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024