Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2011-12-02
17:19:36
 Re: Commodore Free issue 56 on-line (fwd)

On Bil Herd's site it says:

"So here is Lucca Carrafiello's SID card for the Plus 4 as seen at Plus4World and more here, manufactured by S., Christian (Solder)"

However, the card you can see is neither Solders SID card nor is it manufactured by Solder.

It's NST's Audio Extension developed and manufactured by BSZ.

Solder's card has been there since the early 90s, BSZ's card is a brand new thing with many improvements compared to the old design, yet compatible in almost every way. Even including the playback functions of the Digi-Blaster which originally was an add-on for Solder's SID card.
You can find technical details in the documentation here http://bsz.amigaspirit.hu/nae/NST_SIDcard-20110910-En.pdf

Moreover, the headline "Plus4/264/TED gets a SID Chip y'all" is a bit misleading because the card comes without a SID chip. Of course a SID is required.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't criticizing the article/posting. I'm happy about every plus/4 related posting/article. It's just that the different cards and developers were mixed up. Considering the many failed attempts to produce a new SID card, I think BSZ definitely deserves proper credit happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024