Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2011-09-15
13:39:49
 Re: Please help testing: New loader release imminent

I fought a whole afternoon, but now we can comment the very first results happy

Before all, let's say that Krill opened the upper and lower borders in a test stuff, and I didn't do it even in a normal release, there's too much genie in this world happy

First, I checked the .d64 on 1541 and 1541II: the test loader loads continuously, if I've seen good the end should be when the border INC, then the border color itself is increased by +1 and the cycle restart. I did several cycles that way, and the loader has run with no defect for both the drives.

After that, I checked the .d64 on a 1551: the test loader appears to stuck in a certain point (PAL #08,GENERIC $0A3E 769 kB/s GETCHUNK/CMP), printing a message on the first line (@$15ED/$FC($FA,$01):DEVICE NOT PRESENT.)

It's 1571 time. At first, it used to stuck in the initial installing phase, then I changed the IEEE hole and it worked. I checked the .d71, it runs like hell till the 280kB/s GETCHUNK/CMP, where it stucks and at a certain point with the anime gal part hires and part MC, and occasionally it crashes after some time.
I also checked the .d64 on 1571 to see what happens, and it stucks in the same point but at 518kB/s, and acts the same way.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024