Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2011-07-16
22:09:17
 Re: Richard Ikin on 1942...and Space Ace/Harrier?

I asked him above to clarify the game just in case he made an error, he clarified then that it was the laserdisc arcade game Space Ace but I realise now that I should have made the question clearer by mentioning Space Harrier, as I had a strong gut feeling then that he had maybe confused the two together over the passage of time, and by the description he gives of the game which indeed sounds more like Space Harrier, the Elite advert also confirms this. His game description is also not remotely like Space Ace which never materialised on other 8bit microcomputers anyway.

I added him to my facebook friends earlier, I've now directed him straight to this topic through a PM and also put forward the questions. Maybe we can find out more. Maybe he still have working disks lurking somewhere, now that would be the biggest find yet, but at least it's interesting to know just how far he was getting with 1942 at least, it already sounds a helluva lot better than Reach For The Sky, and hopefully more on Space Harrier too if indeed that is the game which it does sound like.

He says he wrote Airwolf, and many more C16/+4 games, but the database only gives him credit for Commando. So there's some other games which can hopefully be resolved soon happy

@Lando
I disagree, as I feel Elite's Ikari Warriors was anything but a bad demo. It was a great conversion with the tanks, 2 player mode etc wink
It's only minor problem was that you couldn't shoot diagonal, but that might have made it a bit too easy.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024