Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-11-13
19:24:46
 Re: Plus4IDE features requests

I did ask for Plus4IDE feedback happy Your enthusiasm is appreciated as always, but as Rafi pointed out many of these have to do with AS65, not Plus4IDE. (That's unfortunately out of my control.) Let's see them one by one:

- The replace command is built into the (outdated ) text editor control we use, and it does clear the selection. You're asking for the selection to be kept? I suppose it could be done from code, e.g. saving the current selection, then calling replace, then restoring the selection. Though this could lead to buggy behavior if the replaced text is longer than the original. I don't have a preference either way... Though I think it's pretty standard to de-select after replace. Is there a text editor that doesn't do this by default?

- missing AS65 feature.

- macros are built in, I think we talked about them. Can you explain why they don't work for you?

- That's the syntax AS65... Can't be changed.

- I don't know the answer to this one. I only have a 32 bit system. Anyone?

- This isn't so in my experience: check my source codes for 8SoB for example. DCD's music driver starts from $0Exx.

- The built in Find/Replace only works within single lines, I think you're asking for a multi-line find/replace. It probably could be coded from VB but I don't think it's trivial. More importantly, the use of macros eliminate the need for this completely! You really should look into them. Maybe send me your code and I'll turn it into a macro-using version.

- Select All is a good idea for the Edit menu, that should be added (and default to CTRL+A). What do you mean by Invert Selection though? If you have a block of text selected in the middle of your file, "inverting" the selection would select... what? The text that is before AND after your previous selection?

- Missing AS65 feature.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024