Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-11-12
11:02:13
 Re: Assembly and interrupts: my first attempt. Help needed!

OMG at last! A thread about both demos and assembly! I wished one in years!
And it comes exactly in the same time I've reloaded some stuff to code! Because of this, a little OT to Csabo, for a forthcoming Plus4IDE improving (his own's request):
- an "include" in order to call .bin and .prg (+2 bytes, you know) stuff;
- macros in order to autogenerate speedcoding (unrolled) code;
- ASL A/ROR A/etc... -> ASL/ROR/etc..
- the last version of AS65 works on x64 machines too, but it exclusively demands for lowercase text, why?
- when I coded The IT Crowd I realized I was not able to put code in some memory areas (e.g. under $0FFF), would be possible to get around this?
- find/replace of a whole bunch of code (very good for speedcode's retouch!).

The last one especially killed me: my closest friends here know I coded a slow fullscreen plasma years ago, and in these days I'm trying to speed it up a bit more, changing that damn unrolled code by hand (I wanna die!). Apropos: it's now faster (last fixing: no CLC before any ADC using 3 sintable pointers for a sintable with values between 0 and $ff/3, die CLC, die!), but it still runs at 2.2 frames circa, what a lamer I am

EDIT: 2.1 frame by now, still not enough :( Reducing the 40x25 fullscreen to 38x24 would help in keeping it under 2 frames and save something for an eventual little TEDtune, but meh :/

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024