Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2010-10-06
09:18:22
 Info request on Yape Printing emulation

For my current project, I need to know how Yape manages the output file generated by printing emulation.

Expecially:
1) Doesn't it finalize/close the file on PC folder when CBM prg ends or executes CLOSE 4 (supposing #4 is printer device on CBM prg)?
2) If point 1 is confirmed, when a 2nd prg is executed, printing data are appended to the still open PC file?
3) If yes to point 2, does this mode imply a different way Yape code has to operate (finding already created/open the output file)?

With my program, Yape hangs just after having written something onto the output "printing" file. By tracing the execution it seems have different (random?) behaviors each time, but the constant is that problems never happen until first data are sent.

Thank everybody can help.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2010-10-08
17:16:33
 Re: Info request on Yape Printing emulation

1) No it does not.
2) Yes it is appended
3) not applicable

So the printer output file is not closed until you quit the emulator session entirely. I know it is not very sophisticated and results in all kinds of side effects that depend on the buffer handling behaviour of the C runtime so I will probably add a flush command (at least) or so.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024