Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2010-09-15
04:20:29
 Geeks live everywhere

Hi,

I just listen to Dragonforce album named Valley of the Damned and I found a surprise in it. Please listen to track Revelations from 4:00. happy

Cheers,
K.

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-09-15
10:52:54
 Re: Geeks live everywhere

Thieves live everywhere, CSDb has a longliving thread to include all the cases, specialy the Tempest affair, which is still moving around a sue.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-09-15
12:11:57

I give up... I listenned to the track, but all I heard was fast metal music, mostly a guitar solo. Did I miss something, or did I end up with the wrong track somehow?

If someone could clue me in, possibly with an MP3 excerpt uploaded somewhere, that would be great.

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-09-15
13:36:25

Dragonforce - Revelations (4:02-)
Ben Daglish - Last Ninja The Wilderness (listen from 1:54)

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2010-09-16
03:05:52

Thievery or not, it was a positive moment for me happy

BTW, I didn't do any detective work about their "thievery", so perhaps they had the rights to play that minute of LN tune...

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-09-16
06:59:59

I think there's a huge difference between an homage and taking something without giving credit for.
Timbaland was pretty lame because he didn't clear the samples but I don't think that makes everyone else who has fond memories of 8bit music and shows that a thief.

Anyway, back in the early days even some SID legends made cover versions of pop songs or were heavily inspired by existing work, not caring about copyrights at all.
Plus, there are tons of cover versions in the famous SID collection.
I'd rather not have a debate about what's right or wrong but -as KiCHY did- just enjoy this happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024