Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-09-12
16:02:24
 Site issues 2010

I can't log in (after clicking the "Login" button the screen is just white and nothing happens). Furthermore, the homepage doesn't show "demo of the day" etc anymore.

Also lots features (e.g. Top List, Remakes, etc) are not shown when you click on the buttons. Same for the polls.

Hopefully, it's just database maintainance work or something like that.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-09-12
16:06:00
 Re: What's wrong with the site?

Oh well, I tried for 30min or so and just when I posted something about it, it's back to normal. Still, you (Csabo) might want to look into this. Anyway, glad it's working again happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-09-12
16:15:29

I noticed it too, but couldn't do much... Most likely the database was having issues, and it fixed itself. (Damn... That's... That's HARDCORE!)

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-09-12
16:36:08

Thanks for the feedback!

You could just delete this thread now or rename it to "Site issues, 2010" or something like that. The old "bug thread" is pages away wink

PS
I think it's HARDCORE ;)

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-09-15
04:13:57

Disguised double-post :P

Since yesterday I sometimes end up here:

http://plus4world.powweb.com/options.php
(white/empty site)

when I click on "SHOW ALL" / "HIDE ALL" in the PM section. Anyone else noticed this?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-09-15
09:48:52

Huh, happens to me too. Weird. I'll think about trying to look into when I have some free time. wink

Edit: okay, so I looked at it. What happens when you hide/show all PMs is you post to /options.php. That form just sets a cookie and then redirects you back to where you were. There's nothing wrong with the code from what I can see... Possibly the host has changed something? Anyway, for now, barring any new "damn, that's hardcore" ideas we're stuck with this.

Edit #2: It's fixed now. After the redirect (PHP command "header()"), the code continues to output stuff. This was never an issue before. Anyway, now there's an "exit()" after it, which makes it work as expected.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-09-18
13:05:35
 Re: Site issues 2010

Thanks man! This was a bit annoying so I'm glad you were able to fix it happy

Posted By

Rybags
on 2010-11-06
07:31:05

OK, here's my issue...

I can't find any way to register as a new user.

Or maybe I'll find that it registers once I post this message.

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-11-06
11:01:05

Rybags: yes, that's the normal way, you have to contact the admins. Hence:
- go to my profile here
- send me an email with: user (it will become your handle here), basic data you wanna share, a 120x160px picture of you (optional), an 80x80px (max, even animated) avatar for your forum's profile (optional);
- edit your own data (oass, first of all).

Posted By

TLC
on 2010-11-27
19:10:33

Not really a technical issue, but anyway...

Currently, "double-posting" is forbidden in the forum (forced by the forum engine). That's O.K.

Problem: if someone edits his own post, that fact is not taken account by the forum engine -- as far as the "new"-ness of this post is concerned.

Example: currently, in the "256k" thread, the last post is mine. Let's suppose I'm back with some news. I'm told that I've got to edit my last post ("no double-post please"). O.K. I edit my last post -- which is then very likely to go down the sink, just as it is, unless somebody "polls" the thread for news, even despite the fact that the topic is not highlighted, which strongly suggests that there's none.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-11-27
19:12:44

I knew of the issue but thanks for pointing it out. happy This is now fixed, when someone edits an older posts, it will "bump up" the thread just like a new post would.

I also cleared up that edit form a little, a lot of the fields that can't (or shouldn't) be edited are gone. Let me know if you find any problems regarding this.

Posted By

TLC
on 2010-11-28
12:25:34

That's nice mate!... Thanks!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024