Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2010-06-04
18:51:53
 Re: New Game Released: Adventures In Time!

I finally got one of my drives to work and this was the first game for my newly expanded C16 (thanks shem on lemon64) on the list. I just didn't want to play it first on emulator, I wanted the first full experience first hand on the real machine. I had to wait about a month though but it's been worth the wait.

It's astonishing. I'm getting just that little bit further every time right now. If more games of this high quality comes out I will never need to setup my C64. In fact if there was a direct straight port of it to the C64 I'd reckon that not many would tell that it was a straight copy. It's a shame that not that many games of this high calibre (in terms of gfx & sfx) was released back in the day. It's an addictive game and will likely have another bash on it tonight. I'm awaiting the psytronik release. 10/10 happy

edit: After more lengthy playing and getting that much better and further, I've then just been listening to the 2 main tunes for 2 hours (about an hour each). a very pleasurable experience and easily the best tunes I've heard on the 264 series. How on earth did you manage to squeeze seemingly 3 voices out of 2 sound channels? (like percussion, rhythm & lead, as that's what I hear).

This is partly why I'm more a C16/+4 fan than the C64, as well as the C16 being my first computer, I knew it was never really realised of it's full potential unlike the C64 (until now). Are there any more new games in development? I hope so, as demos are fine for showing off pure talent, but for gamers such as me we also need the interaction. I thought Udo Gertz and Sout were technically brilliant, but the bar has now truly been raised, and I'd for one would love to see more games worthy of Psytronik releases. The pure satisfaction you must feel right now feels tangible to us too. Don't mean to sound all gushing, I have one or two verrry minor niggly minuses about the game (such as no score/hi-score) but congrats guys.

PS. Psytronik site still down, now I'm getting worried.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024