Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2010-06-01
11:48:49
 C+VG - C16/+4 New Retro Issue

It took me a few days to compile, and I took the easy approach for the cover.

http://www.commodore16.com/index.php/component/content/article/77-magazinefanzine/459-cvgc164special.html

I never realised that they reviewed so many happy

Posted By

RobertB
on 2010-06-01
20:39:35
 Re: C+VG - C16/+4 New Retro Issue

Oh, that is very nice! I will spread the word.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
July 24-25 Commodore Vegas Expo 2010 - http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex

Posted By

MIK
on 2010-06-02
04:51:55

I love looking at this stuff. Very disappointed with the Tom Thumb review, but it's cool looking back. Kudos to Mort, been along time since we have spoken. I met up with him a number of times between 2000 & 2004-ish. Back then he had a quality collection of many things from C64 to N64 and a cool set up. Amazing he is still scanning stuff! He had a mare doing Zzap64 and he is still punishing him self. wink

Thanks for sorting things out Sixteen Plus so we could have a looks, Cheers! happy

Posted By

retroscener
on 2010-06-02
09:14:19

No problem, it's been fun doing it (in a painstaking way) and glad people appreciate it. and thank you for the game screenshots for the cover design wink

Mort is a legend. I've merely just knocked up a few pages compared to the many thousands he's scanned over the last few years. And that surprisingly takes a lot of time too.

There's a few strange reviews in there. It's odd that they don't think much of the graphics in Tom Thumb. I think they're fantastic but what did they expect to see? Also they reviewed Winter Olympics twice (not confusing it with Winter Events). Once giving it very high marks and praise, and another in the final supplement saying it's pretty much awful. Also in the original scan they had their first review Roller Kong as being a C64 game, but it was only ever released for the C16/+4, so I had to make a small edit.

In their C16 system review they also stated "there's a link for 22 joysticks", ummm well I guess that one was just a typo error

They're pretty spot on with a few games though, it was nice to see a good review for Return Of Rockman, I always thought it under-rated. The only true Boulder Dash clone available for an unexpanded C16 too which I always personally found fun to play.

Anyway watch out for more coming soon (eventually), including one bumper of a special that isn't even available full on DVD yet (thanks Mort for the scans and granting permission). I think you're in for a treat :)

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-06-02
11:47:47

Yeah, nice work!

Just dled the .pdf and read through all reviews.

Back in the days I never got my hands on CV+G because it was only available at "international press centers" and such (and really overpriced due to import surcharge).

It's interesting how they dissed Booty and loved Starburst but overall, they seem to be pretty fair and told you when a game was not worth buying.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024