Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

austfox
on 2010-05-20
08:08:34
 Re: Reminiscing of the Plus/4

Hi!

I have been reminiscing over the past week about all the fun times I had growing up with my Plus/4 and C16. I have pulled out a couple of working C16's which I got off eBay a couple of years ago, and am trying to find a working Plus/4 to add to my collection. A couple of drives should be arriving soon.

Anyhow - imagine my surprise when I stumble on this site, and whilst looking in the Games section I find a game on there that I wrote in 1986! It's called Rock Alley, and seems very lame. I wrote another, better game - but I can't seem to remember what it was called, so I don't know if it is on here too!

There is so much information on this site that this is going to consume a lot of my time! 8-)

Steven.

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-05-20
08:42:43

Welcome home Steven Fox! Time to find out the other game made by you!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-05-20
09:23:27

Glad you found us happy A fresh pair of eyes always helps (some of us have been staring at Plus/4 World for too long): if you need any help regarding the site, or have some ideas, don't hesitate to let us know.

Could you other game be Mozzie Zapper or Brick Buster? Rock Alley came to us through an issue of Club Info. Erich (the editor of that disk mag) wrote that it's a "game from Australia", and the two I mentioned were released in the same manner. There's probably a few more candidates.

Posted By

MIK
on 2010-05-20
11:56:55

1986 Great Year. happy

Welcome Back!

Posted By

austfox
on 2010-05-21
03:35:04

I always thought the game was called Fire Fox, as I still have a tape of this lying around somewhere, but I downloaded it from here and found out that it was written by the same guy who I wrote the 2 games for.

It was a simple game, similar to Rockman, however you had to push a block around the mazes over plutonium or something similar, and you had to plan your moves because if you pushed the block into a corner, you couldn't get behind it to push it anymore. I remember 10 or so levels.

Anyhow - this is such a great site, and I have secured my Plus/4 from the UK, which should be arriving in the next couple of weeks, and my drives should be arriving next week, so I should be set. Lucky I kept all my 5.25 disks from the PC... I have a couple of 100 or so, and I'll just need to build one of those cables to get the programs onto the disks... what fun!!

Posted By

SVS
on 2010-05-21
10:06:51

>>It was a simple game, similar to Rockman, however you had to push a block around the mazes over plutonium or something similar, and you had to plan your moves because if you pushed the block into a corner, you couldn't get behind it to push it anymore.

I remember that game! Funny. Glad to host his author happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-05-21
10:52:57

The gameplay sounds like Sokoban. Anyway, if you really have the tape/disk, then you must try to retrieve it! Instead of building a cable, you could also just order one. In either case, be sure to send it our way, we'd love to have it in the database.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024