Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-04-15
14:01:17
 YAPE Gets Watchpoints

Gaia has just released an updated version of YAPE, the popular Commodore Plus/4 emulator. Version 0.86 has two big improvements. First, users can now set watchpoints (read, write, execute) in the built-in emulator monitor. This feature will no doubt be very popular among those who still hack the Plussy and its software. Second, there have been many improvements made to how full screen mode works. Get all the details and the download link from the official YAPE homepage!

Posted By

Chronos
on 2010-04-22
14:01:17
 yape 0.86

hi! if i turn on "video display emulation" the RED color turns GREEN on the screen.. its normal? and of course all of the colors altered.. its funny :D

Posted By

Gaia
on 2010-04-22
14:07:19
 Re: YAPE Gets Watchpoints

It's not normal I can tell ya happy Hmm.... contact my in private for the details plz

Posted By

Gaia
on 2010-04-22
14:08:49

Unless... your desktop is in a non-32 bit mode, that is.

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2010-05-05
16:09:48

Hi,

I have similar problems. When I switch to fullscreen, all the colors changes. For example grey becomes to pink or lime.

My video settings:
Double sized window=0
Use GDI for video=1
Palette index=2
Monitor parameters=80808080
PALemulation=0
VideoStandard=0
LineBasedEmulation=2
ForceUpdateOverlay=1
StretchInFullscreen=1
RenderToPrimary=1
DecoderHue=0

I use Win7 64bit + ATI R4850.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2010-05-05
16:38:34

höhö, im running win7 and ati stuff too happy i made a screenshot and already sent it to Gaia! Next i will test it on different configs and post here the results. i already tried with older yape with dah same results.. i need this mode 'coz it looks soo good!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2010-05-06
12:17:52

Hmm... I think I have a suspect now: different cards seem to have different pixelformats, some are RRGGBB, some are BBGGRR. Apparently I was lazy and did not check the format just assumed one specific to my Ati card. I will fix this issue soon(ish). In the meantime just turn off the 'Use GDI' option that will just use overlays just like in the earlier Yape versions.

Posted By

siz
on 2010-05-06
14:42:28

The color distortion problem is not (exactly) YaPE bug. My daughter used to play some old games in DOSBox (in Win7 x64 and a Radeon HD3300). DOSBox has the same color distortion problem. Maybe the same laziness? happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2010-05-07
01:24:41

Yeah, odd... it is plain old 32-bit GDI mode, so I assumed it had no pixelformat at all, only DirectX. Guess I'd better double check this happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2010-05-10
14:18:59

Hehe, one of my friends recently sent me some converted gfx, how well they look in GDI mode. Maybe not in this case >wink
He hopes some better GDI support, maybe soon(ish) he will get it.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2010-05-10
14:48:19

Gaia is on the debugging!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2010-05-11
00:58:00

I got it. It's simple. If you have the "small border" AND video display both turned on, the colours go wrong. For now you can turn off either one and the colours should be ok. I myself never ever use the small border option, so I forgot to test it with the new GDI-based display emulation.

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2010-05-11
11:32:10

I have wrong colors with large and small border as well. I have wrong colors with GDI or w/o GDI. I cant go fullscreen with video display emulation, i hope that's normal. Usually green border and yellow paper. I can take photos (not screenshots, those doesn't work in fullscreen) if that helps somehow.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2010-05-11
12:06:31

Oops? Kichy, that's in fact very weird... (except that you can not go FS with video emulation, that's "normal"). Try deleting your settings.ini file. Otherwise could you take a photo and contact me in private? Please also send me your video card's type. Thanks.

OK, so it seems like Vista/Win7's "Desktop composition" causes these issues (prevalent also in older games). Disable it via the COntrol Panel until I implement it programatically. OR you can create a shortcut to YAPE.EXE and in right click+properties set "disable desktop composition" thru the advanced tab.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024