Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2010-04-12
16:02:56
 Re: [eBay] War is war

Gaia: I do remember mentioning I was only judging from personal eBay experiences, with no info about recent prices of these collector's items... It's been a little surprising to find out how high the price rose, to say the least... that's true... both from the side of my previous experiences, and the final price just by itself.

...I buy stuff at eBay more or less regularly; the price seen one or two days before the end of some auction is usually a good pointer to the final price. People get crazy bidding at the last minutes, yes... but as a rule of thumb, the grand total is rarely higher than some three or four times (or around that, rarely higher) that "base" price. Almost $5k, well, that was definitely above anything I could have expected, especially considering the fact that the recession must/might have hit collectors wallets (or so I suspect... $5k ~= 1M HUF, or half that, or even third of that must be prohibitive for most people for a collector's item, unless someone's really determined (or is already cooking ie. making his business, with investment behind him)). The only way to know how high that price could rise, well, that would have been only possible with information about recent prices ie. grand totals paid for such rarities in considerably recent times.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024