Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2010-03-27
17:12:07
 Where does the name of the groups origin from?

Maybe LOD ??
http://www.tvcrazy.net/tvclassics/wallpaper/cartoons/mike/legion-doom.jpg

First, I begin:

WLS: The very first (1992) is: Working Laco System (after the idea of WKS - Working Koko System) but, it was a shame, so I changed it W i L d S, because I am not good in english, and I thing the WILDS is the plural of WILD happy So this is the short story of the WLS

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-03-27
17:22:15
 Re: Where does the name of the groups origin from?

Well, I joined FIRE in a second time, hence SVS should reasonably talk about it happy

Posted By

Chronos
on 2010-03-27
18:37:23

TTC was The Tax Collectors first in 1992, and later i find its a bogus name, and renamed it to "Terminal Technics" ..and i wasn't satisfied with and once again renamed it to "Absence" there was a lot of alternatives but that was the best sounding and we liked it most. (Sorry im drunk, damn "K" cider :D)

The next and last chapter is ACW, the union of Absence and Wilds members.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-03-27
21:23:27

Well, there's not much of a story behind our group's name. Alex, Tom and I went to the same high school and somehow decided to form a group. We're named after the wrestling group, which I saw on TV once, and liked the sound of it. That's it.

I'd be very interested in finding out what SJP's handle stands for, but he made it clear that he's not telling happy

Posted By

Ati
on 2010-03-28
01:10:43

W-man and I wanted to make a group in 1991. We searched a good name, but we couldn't speak English. The name was Gentlemans. happy Than Lavina said, the good name is Gentlemen.

GS is short name of Gentlemen Software.
And W-man is short name of Wise-man. happy

Posted By

Csio
on 2010-03-28
04:44:23

i think Monarchy is clear...

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2010-03-28
04:57:42

Ok, SJP = Sarah Jessica Parker happy Or not ?

Lacoste = My mother called Laco after my name: László. My father worked in an insurance company in 1992 and had an injury in the Lacoste perfume store. So he got a perfume and brought home. One day a book covered this perfume, and I just saw my name LACO. I liked it and that's the story of LACOste happy

Posted By

siz
on 2010-03-28
05:14:09

My nickname origins back to elementary school where we had to design logos. I put my first name's initial (I) behind my last name's initials (Sz) and it read like SIZ. At first it was .S.I.Z. later SIZ and nowaday Siz or siz.
In high school we became friends with Hitman (whose nickname is after a wrestling character he likes) and found a group. We searched for names and my suggestion was The Big Corporation (TBC).

Posted By

Csio
on 2010-03-28
06:39:00

in my fakedemo called Disfunctional Attitudes i showed to you what does the nicknames means, he?

Posted By

SVS
on 2010-03-28
08:00:21

At time I had contacts with RDG and Alex that both lived not so far. We organized Saturday meetings in order to swap/chat Plus4 arguments. It was me that did try to invent FIRE name. It means: Fantastic (well a bit of enthusiasm...) Italian (there were so little Plus4 here...) Research (me and RDG were, and are, direct to new frontiers..) Enterprise (mmhh... maybe Startrek?).
After a while Luca was a welcomed great associated.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2010-03-30
04:45:15

ATI! Yes , I remember that!! :D

Gods Of The Universe - dunno why, Kiki was the founder with some mysterious other members, Szőke, etc... I guess they invented it.

Lavina - Elementary school, mandatory computer workshop, basic "coding" course... I used the nick Lavinasoft from the first lesson. Dunno why, though. happy

My sign is coming from this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093777

Posted By

Ati
on 2010-03-30
06:15:05

Hey Csio! Disfunctional Attitudes demo is fun. It's nice to see my page. happy Lego rulez!

And where is Chronos's name from?

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-03-30
06:19:26

And now I'm gonna explain my nickname: Luca! :D

Posted By

Chronos
on 2010-03-30
11:12:02

Its surprisingly simple: I was choosed TLC around 1992 and later another TLC showed up an i decided to change it. The nickname comes a book from my shelf, i don't remember exactly "római mitológia" or something and swapped the pages randomly and once my eye sticked into the name "Kronosz" http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kronosz. thats all..

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-03-30
12:39:11

And now I'm gonna explain my nic... Dammit Luca, you stole my joke happy

This thread reminded me of two more anectodes though. One is that I had a friend, who was also a Plussy user, he did draw some nice pictures that never got released for anything. His handle was "TGC", which stood for "Tróger Gábor Company" happy The second was another friend, he cracked Elvarázsolt Kastély. (Which was an excellent game for its time, IMHO.) He added "HPDE" software to the intro screen (his real initials are actually in the corner of the screen). When I asked him what it meant, he said that it was just random letters, like "HCS" or "TPPC"... happy

LUCA = Last Ultimate Coding Addict?
SVS = Super Valentino Software?
SJP = Szép Jó Programozó?

Posted By

Ati
on 2010-03-30
13:17:48

I saw "Kronosz" on Wikipedia. Kronosz's fater is Gaia! happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-03-30
14:07:45

Actually, his mother is Gaia happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2010-03-30
14:15:05

>>SVS = Super Valentino Software?

Csabo: you got 2 of 3! Really!!! happy happy

Posted By

Chronos
on 2010-03-30
16:56:26

mekkora égés, "római mitológia" hehe, "görög mitológia" akart lenni.. Gaia a mutterom! de kemény!

--

oh what a pity! its "greek mythology" not "roman mythology" sorry!.. Gaia is my mom! wtf?!

Posted By

Csio
on 2010-03-30
17:01:42

yo, Csabo!
you are king again!
let's code the Disfunctional A. 2. !!!!

actually Monarchy has a new gfxman......hehehe

maybe the plus4 scene will groving a little bit

Posted By

Luca
on 2010-03-30
18:03:11

Yep, actually Gaia is "Gea", Kronos'mother happy

I tried years ago to change my nick in TCM "The Childish Messiah", but I (epicly) falied happy
But now I would have ppl to build up another crew, I only have to find adepts:TPF, The Pregnant Fairies.

And Elvarázsolt Kastély definitely rules!

Posted By

SVS
on 2010-04-04
10:13:07

>>Yep, actually Gaia is "Gea", Kronos'mother

And Gea did generate Geos...

Posted By

MMS
on 2010-04-05
17:42:47

Not a group, but a name: MMS is the MicroMark Software
-Micro, as I was alone: the group could not be smaller (my classmate changed his Plussy to Amiga (betray, ha!), so we did not work together any more)
-Mark because I am Markus happy

My funny very first project: I developed on paper a complete game, concept, with main code and artwork, fontset, etc, called Humming Bird (on paper, because my parents frequently banned my plussy access due to bad marks in school, and they saw the linkage). Then I started the programming on the real HW (I got a lot of hints from Pigmy at that time). Few weeks later I visited a friend of mine who had Spectrum. I spoke about the game concept, and he told,"hey, that is PSSST!". He showed me, I was shocked. Then I dropped the complete work of mine into the trashbox, because it was not a new idea

Posted By

MMS
on 2010-04-05
17:45:36

BTW, if you are so deeply involved in greek mythology now happy , you will like my next slideshow, as I am a really big fan of that.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024