Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-03-26
 When did you get your first 1541 floppy drive ?

I got mine 1 hour ago
15ukp and is cool !!!

I first tested it on my C64 as I did'nt want it to kill my +4 Took me ages to work out how to read the DIR on the C64. eg.(LOAD"$",8)

This is rocking and the +4 kicks ASS over the C64 for support with Basic commands on this drive. I lov it and are now going to sell my PC and AMIGA

Cool..

Buy one today before it's to late. I can't wait to get SUMMER EVENTS running on the real machine as I don't have it. I did once

Posted By

SVS
on 2000-03-28
 I have a 1541 and a 1551

I have a 1541 and a 1551.
First I tell you that you can find several 1541s at cheap prices at e-bay.
I had my 1541 (very expensive!) 2 or 3 years after I bought the Plus/4 (mmmhhh... perhaps year 1987 or 1988).
To find the 1551 was very hard, and I had one from a friend living in Berlin, who was selling some used pieces.
The 1551 is not a true 'parallel' drive [unluckly ;(], it uses the TCBM mode, that is a kind of hybrid protocol, using 3 lines.
Due this one, it is 2 times speeder in write and 3 or 4 times in read operations. Commands are fully compatible vs 1541, and have further lower improvements (software device #, software attempts #, no stop cpu while working, etc).
Need any other info?
Greetz.

S/S

Posted By

Gaia
on 2000-03-27
 Too late...

I got mine a bit too late to deal with real things. I always dreamed about having a floppy drive, and when I finally could afford it, the +4 had become history in just a few months for me.
Either the TED or something else went wrong and this tiny machine was dead.

I was so stupid that I even sold that 1541 drive a few years later (without the +4 itself working there were no use keeping it).

How about the 1551???? Anyone had that? As i've seen and heard, it was much cooler (black case, like that of c16!!!) and faster since it used the parallel interface...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024