Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2009-11-20
03:51:56
 Re: Just to chat: what is, in your opinion, the greater lack of Plus4? (if any...)

About TED sound: I'm using again TLCplay right in these days, so several ancient questions and examinations popped out for the nth time.
In past months, both me and Degauss pointed out this: on TED is quite useless have 3x or more tunes, because the sound becomes metallic and awful for your ears'health. The same occurs if you wanna play double tracks on both channels. Hence the best would be having a 2x player with the feature of a smart channel splitting: the smart splitting should allow the composer to select which voice has to be splitted. Yeah, this would be great!
In a deeper analysis: take what a FRQ converter does; it splits one fixed channel indipendently from what's on playing. But with an appropriate editor, you can save the channel which does not have to play "dirty" right when you have to, having great control of your tune's quality.

In a 2x player, you have to proceed frame per frame (dur=1) to have splitting. For example a fixed A1 note and a lead voice:
 sound(voice1)
dur(1)
A1
sound(voice2)
C3
sound(voice1)
A1
sound(voice2)
E3
sound(voice1)
A1
sound(voice2)
F#3
sound(voice1)
A1
sound(voice2)
D#3
fin

In the editor I wish, it can be decently done like:
---track1---
sound(voice1)
dur(4)
A1
fin
---track2---
(whatever)
fin
---track3---
split (1)
sound(voice2)
dur(1)
C3
E3
F#3
D#3
fin

where "split(1)" forces the 1st channel to be splitted, arguments of course can be (1) or (2).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024