Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Finland C16 User
on 2009-11-18
21:57:54
 Re: There is no 16k only support

Wow, Csabo - you are a true maestro! Amazing... They all work now - I feel like I wish to somehow repay you for all your trouble. So if you can think of a good way, I am at your disposal, if I can.

Chicken - thanks for all those neat tricks, but I guess the C64-style of loading has crept up into my spine and embedded itself there so deep that it's hard for me to get used to these more fancy ways of loading stuff.. especially since my spine cord-way works so well.

And yeah, I kinda thought DLOAD might be the equivalent of LOAD"program",8 ... but I didn't have as deep knowledge of the addresses and all, thanks for clearing that up also.

It's just so sad.. there is so much neatness, and colorful magic about the C16 - with only a few slight modifications it could've been what the C64 was..

I wonder how Atari 800 and Commodore 16 would compare.. both share colorfulness and some 'flaws' or more like 'design-wise inferiority to C64' in similar fashion I think.. though perhaps the Atari 800 has more powerful CPU, which enables all those great 3D things like Yoomp! and Numen..

But back to the Loading discussion - actually, I like typing with those old machines, so I don't mind typing those commands instead of using the handy function key shortcuts. I mean, those tricks would be so much hitting the keys anyway that it's almost easier to just type the whole thing (-8

And of course I rather load with the ,8,1-thing just to be sure the game works.. I have many SYS-versions so I guess there's really no altenative anyhow.

Nice to find people who still use the Commodore 16 .. I wonder if people will say the same thing about playing chess or cards some day in the future.. I would like these older computers to achieve same 'Timeless'-status as the cards, poker, chess and other boardgames. Why don't people call THOSE things just 'nostalgic retro games' etc.?

- Finland C16 User

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024