Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2009-11-17
09:59:33
 Re: There is no 16k only support

MMS: The C-16 and the 116 can be powered from an unregulated 9V DC power supply (the original one is rated 800 milliamps, anything that can cope with that is fine). All Spectrum power supplies (excluding the +3) are fine, too (they're essentially similar, including the PSU plug and polarity). You can also get the original PSU back to life most of the time (unless it's physically broken)... you only have to replace the Graetz bridge (the rectifier) which is usually broken.

Guys: back then I spent about a year working with an un-expanded C-16 (before I could persuade my parents to have my machine expanded to 64k happy ). I can say that virtually "all" C-16 specific games "did" just work on the unexpanded machine (...needless to say, I had absolutely no originals but cracked games only). IMHO this "most cracked C-16 games don't work on C-16 anymore"-effect must generally be a result of applying packers to these programs (...I'd second Gaia's words, most old unpacker routines didn't honour the memory configuration of the computer, they just assumed 64K and did accordingly...).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024