Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-06-29
 Tri-Micro Newsletters

I have posted some of my Tri-Micro / Plus Exchange newsletters on my website. These newsletters cover three years of built-in software tips, software reviews, and discounted software pricing.

My webhost wouldn't allow uploads last weekend for some unknown reason, so these scanned pages are stored on my employer's website temporarily. I ask that you bookmark this page instead of the scans themselves: Tri-Micro Newsletters.

If anyone has problems reading the scans, let me know which ones. They are printed on newspaper-type paper, not magazine-type paper, so there is a limit as to how well I can improve their readability.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-06-30
 Good, will save me the trouble...

Just got back from the kahiltna River area, working our claims, and am catching up. I will be sending your CD and Manual out this Monday. Thanks for the address. I was thinking about scanning my TriMicro Newsletters, too, but if you have done so... that is great. Lots of good info in them.

Jim

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-30
 Good work James.

I'm on me way over now for a look happy

hey if you need some space for your plus4 stuff your welcome to store it here on emucamp.

regards,

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-07-03
 Do you have...

Issue #1 (june85),Issue #2, Fall/Winter 86, March 87, Spring 87, June 87, July 87, Fall/Winter 87, Fall/Winter 88, Newsbreifs and Updates

Have them and you are welcome to them if you wish.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-07-03
 Jim, your newsletters:

I have the following: Summer 1985 (Price sheet dated August 1, 1985 inside back cover) - June 1986 - November 1986 - March 1987 - April 1987 - May 1987 - 3-pack newsletter (three stapled together with oldest on outside, newset on inside, marked Vol 4, Vol 5, and Vol 6) - November 1987 - Hot Pink closeout flyer from Summer 1988.

My Summer 1985 is missing the front cover so I don't know if it's issue 1 or issue 2.

Please compare your Fall/Winter 1987 and Fall/Winter 1988 issues to my November 1987 issue, and whichever one it isn't is the one I would need. I only have the hot pink closeout flyer from Summer 1988, all other notes and errata sheets have been lost.

Tri-Micro Newsletters

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-07-03
 Looks to be different

Okay, let me know if that CD gets to your address okay. I'll just slip my TriMicro/Plus Exchange stuff in a manilla env and send to you. Thought I had a lot more... You might as well have/archive them.

Jim

Posted By

Funkydude
on 2019-06-15
23:21:25
 Re: Tri-Micro Newsletters

Did anyone scan these newsletters and have the PDFs?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2019-06-21
13:49:46

The original project was 17 years ago, I no longer have the PC that held the original scans. The original paper newsletters are packed away in storage, it'd take some effort for me to get ahold of them otherwise I'd simply rescan them now.

Before I shut down my site, I gave Csabo permission to move over anything of interest (other than GEOS 3.5 English, for legal reasons). Another site started "reusing" various Commodore-related scans and news articles without permission of the original scanner or webhost, so it's entirely possible Csabo or Luca removed my scans from general availability -- I don't see them on the Publications page now.

And just being honest, I once got into a disagreement with another forum member who claimed Commodore produced X number of Plus/4s, but my Tri-Micro newsletters revealed royalty payments of Y machines ... I trust the people who received royalties over the engineer's memory of 20 years prior. wink

I never received BushRat's TriMicro newsletters, so unless he sent them to someone else, they may be lost to history.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2019-06-21
15:51:54

I quickly looked around in my local folder but I don't see anything backed up. Sorry

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-06-22
01:57:29

I checked my huuuuge folder with to-do mags, and I've found some pages of them here and there, which are single scans recently saved from the JamesC's site thru wayback machine of archive.org, plus one single issue in pdf that I ain't able to fit into a trustable timeline with the other issues' scans. This is the reason for having procrastinated their upload happy Dunno if these days or after the summer holidays, I'm gonna set free what I saved.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024