Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2009-09-22
13:38:56
 Re: TV Switch Box

He might be looking for a switch box specific to the US... our friends there have different standard for connecting RF equipment together, which is more difficult and error prone to repeated disconnection and connecting than our RF coax plug/connector pairs here. Back then, Commodore used to supply small switch boxes that just needed to be connected once and then you could use a slide switch to select whether you wanted the antenna cable or the computer's signal.

Bob, you have at least three options to connect the Plus/4 to the TV. You can probably obtain a switch box most easily off from eBay (if I'm right). Second, you don't need a switch box (again, if I understood the original question correctly), if you intend to use a TV exclusively for the computer... you need an RF cable which is made for American TV sets (an RCA plug on one end, which connect to the Plus/4, and an "F"-type plug at the other end, which connects to the TV). Any RF cables sold "for Commodore computers" would do that (provided that they're for American TVs), they're similar in this subject. Again, your best source is probably eBay. Third, as Chicken has pointed out, you don't neccessarily need an RF cable if your TV has video input (SCART or RCA sockets)... by obtaining a composite video cable for the Commodore, you can connect everything together and select signal source by using the remote control of the TV. Also, by that method you get reasonably better picture quality on the TV. ...Where else? I'd submit a search at eBay for "commodore scart" or "commodore video cable" or something similar (...but first I'd double check if my TV really had video-in, and the type of the video connector).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024