Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2009-09-14
05:46:21
 Re: Plus/4 tshirt

The "chicken head" logo and the brand name "commodore" are both protected. If I remember correctly "Yeahronimo" is/was the copyright holder. Recently, I read smth in the forum on commodore.ca about financial problems. But even if they went, there's definitely someone who "owns" it.

Some years ago Rulag KG in Germany licensed the "Commodore" brand name and sold branded articles like telephones. They still might do so.
One of the guys of DIENSTAGSTREFF contacted them and was officially allowed to produce merchandise (T-Shirts etc) since those were free "ads" for Rulag AG. Lucky him happy

I doubt that the copyright holder will allow any "commercial" use (and if you put a T-Shirt design in the shop, it's commercial use, even if you don't earn anything).

German law is rather strict in copyright issues. There's no "fair use" here like in the US.

Btw, Spreadshirt might even say something about copyrighted logos/designs...

They do:
http://www.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Service/Help-1328/categoryId/7/articleId/841

"We will not print: trademarks, names or logos for companies. For example you can not use the name Coca Cola, Coke “It’s the Real Thing” or the design from the cans ."

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024