Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

bubis
on 2002-06-27
 2002 1K game compo

From http://www.ffd2.com/minigame/ :

Think you can write a fully playable game in under 1024 bytes of code? There's only one way to find out!
The 2002 MiniGame 8-bit coding competition is now officially open, and ready for your entries. For those of you who didn't participate last year, the aim is to write a game in 1024 bytes of code, for one of the classic 8-bit home computers. The deadline this year is 16th of September, 12.00 GMT.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-06-27
 Neat!

Wow, I'm so going to enter! At least we will have a C=16 entry wink It's a shame I didn't know about this last year.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-06-27
 I might attend, too

I want to attend, too. I have an idea in mind already. Is it allowed to use ROM calls? That would make life easier for me and would hopefully fit into 1k =)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-06-27
 ROM Calls

I'm pretty sure it can, there is nothing against that in the rules.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-27
 :-)

Best wishes and good luck guys happy

A shame Udo was'nt here to enter. Chop Tom Thumb down and you'd still have an amazing 1k portion of a game wink

Posted By

bubis
on 2002-07-19
 Xip -- small program compressor

From c64.sk:

I've written a program for compressing small -- specifically, 1k -- files, which you can download here. The best so far is 69 bytes on a ~1k file. Anyways, give it a try and see what you think; feedback is always appreciated!

Wyndex

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024