Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2009-08-18
09:45:40
 Re: Site Problems 2009

Csabo...
Yes, I understand your point. I just brought this up because I think I saw some compilations "excluded" from voting.
On the other hand, times have changed and no one really cares any more about "value for money" (I know, it's probably not the only "value" you can vote for). Back then, e.g. the OMNIBUS compilations were a fantastic bargain. But now I really don't consider the price when rating compilations. Ok, you could still vote for "How good are the games?" but I rather do this individually.

Another similar topic is "trainer versions". I think it is agreed on that they are excluded from voting. Those that slipped through (e.g. Tom Plus) just haven't been edited, yet. Still, some "trained" versions add a certain "extra value" and I'd rate them higher than the original work. Where to draw the line between simply trained and improved versions?
The same applies for Csory's 1551 versions of games that didn't support this drive until he made them to. Nowadays with emulators around we don't really care about this anymore. But back then, it was a vital thing to have a particular game supporting the 1551, too. Sure, 1551 support doesn't make the game itself "better" but somedays it decreased loading times a lot and without 1551 support the game was in fact worthless. And it's a rather big task to do 1551 support (I know from experience wink ). I am forever grateful to Csory for doing so and I'd like to give him extra credit for that.

Btw, has anyone heard of his whereabouts?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024